confusing; dreamnap

prompt: why must he be so confusing?
request: no
totally not based on my life (:(:

ever since sapnap met dream, he always had feelings for him. is it because he know he can trust him? because he's just there for him? because he felt like home?

he didn't know.

after moving in with him, sapnap feelings began to grow. the pair cuddled often, held hands often, and people thought they were a couple.

both dream and sapnap would laugh it off, "we're just friends. never would we date." they would tell people.

but sapnap couldn't help but wonder, what it would be like to kiss him, to be able to call him his boyfriend, to be more than just 'friends'.

one day, they went to a friend's house. dream had a bit too much to drink, and the two was sat on the floor in the bathroom. dream sat on the toilet while sapnap was on the floor across the sink.

"you know, you're really pretty," dream started.

sapnap blushed, "stop, you know i'm not."

"no, you are. always thought you were since we met. i really like you, always had. but i know you don't like me either."

sapnap's eyes widen, "dream- i liked you since we met too. but you kept talking about other people- george- and i-"

"we're just friends. plus i'm not ready for a relationship. not yet anyway."

sapnap's heart broke inside. "oh- yeah, same. we're still young."

dream nodded as he washed his hands and left the bathroom, leaving sapnap behind.

he didn't know which was better, knowing he liked him or not. he really wished dream was sober.

the next morning, sapnap and dream sat on the couch. sapnap turned to face dream, "do you remember anything from last night?"

dream thought about it, "no. what happened?"

sapnap shook his head, "nothing. we just saw this funny tik tok. it's not important."

the next time dream got drunk again, the pair returned to the bathroom.

"sapnap, i lied. i remember telling you i liked you. and i'm sorry i was drunk."

sapnap nodded, "it's ok. you're not ready for a relationship though."

dream shook his head and someone banged on the door.

the two left the bathroom, and if sapnap went back to the bathroom because of a panic attack, no one had to know.

two months passed by, and sapnap noticed dream's behavior changing. they don't cuddle anymore, if someone thought they was a couple, dream got angry, and he kept calling every girls that was attractive 'hot' and would talk about dating them.

did it hurt?

yes.

would he tell?

no.

sapnap was over it by now. if dream don't want to be with him, then sapnap don't either. maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

maybe they're better off as friends.

--------

anywayyy

yes this is confusing

i'm ok though, sometime being just friends is okay. i'm getting over it.

anyway i hope you have a great day/night ! eat some food and drink some water if you haven't !!!

i love you guys <3