for the better; karlnap

prompt: sometime you have to wait for the better
request: karlnap was requested
tw// abuse, hints at rape, talk of suicidal thoughts, if there's more, lmk!

stay safe, you are worth so much more than some oneshot <3

karl never had it easy. his parents used to lock him up in a tiny closet whenever he did something bad. if he dared utter a word, back in the dark place he went.

when he came out as gay, god was it hell for him. his parents sent him to convertion camp. the people there was so rude. they would preach bible verses to them, telling them why they shouldn't be gay, lesbian, bi, and more. how they're sinning, and god would forgive them if they fix their 'mistakes'.

karl never understood it. if it was a mistake, why did it feel so right? if god had to forgive him for being gay, is he the one making the mistake?

when he went back home, his parents forced him to be with a girl. brittany, that was her name. she was the worst. if he didn't buy her what she wanted, he'll get bruises. he couldn't, no he wouldn't, hit her back.

men cant hit a woman.

brittany definitely took advantage of it. she forced karl to do things he didn't want to. sometime even when he's asleep, brittany would take advantage of that.

karl was miserable. it reached to the point where he saw no way out. no way out expect for death.

he often stared at the pill bottles his parents have in the cabinet. he often stared at the knifes in the drawer. even the curtain rod in his closet.

but his fear of death overpowered the thoughts.

it wasn't till college when things finally changed for him. his parents sent him to a really good college in his state, and that's when he finally felt free.

blocking his parents, blocking brittany, and blocking anyone else that gave him hell gave him a feeling he never felt before.

his first day was when life began to really turn around for karl.

there was a cute guy in one of his class. he wore a black undershirt with a white t shirt over it. he had on black ripped jeans, and checkered vans. he was talking to another guy, a blonde wearing a lime green shirt.

karl felt butterflies looking at him.

he panicked when the guy looked back, quickly looking down to avoid his stare.

"hey cutie, i like your hoodie," he heard.

he looked up to see the same guy in the front row.

"i-i, thanks, i made this myself!" karl smiled, looking down at his color block hoodie with a green swirl.

sapnap grinned, "that's dope! we should totally hang out sometime!"

karl was shocked, is he about to make his first friend that wasn't forced by his parents. "totally!"

they exchanged contact information.

and let's just say, that one encounter changed karl's life truly for the better.

-----------

maybe i'll make a part two for this.

but i'm so so so so sorry for not updating as much. i know i say this a lot, but i'm truly am. a lot of things happened recently, and i'm kinda stuck in a really bad headspace.

but i have support from my friends, so it's gucci (:

also i finally dyed my hair how i wanted it since 7th grade!! :D

do my parents like it? nope.

do i like it? hell yeah

anyway have a great day/night!! eat some food, drink some water if you haven't !!

love you guys !!!