the past; dream

request: yes
prompt: y/n was abused in their previous relationship and dream picks up on how they reacts
pronouns: they/them
tw: physical and emotional abuse
do not read if it will affect you!! i love you <3

y/n should've told dream about their ex. about how they used to be abused and if dream do certain things, they'll get flashbacks.

dream started getting suspicious when he noticed y/n's behaviors towards certain things.

like that one time when he reached up to grab a pan, and y/n flinched and apologized rapidly.

or that other time when dream just finished a lore with his friends (and he was yelling hella) and he found y/n having a panic attack in the bathroom.

he didn't know much about y/n's past, but he knew that they had just gotten out of a bad relationship three years prior.

and it took him so long to get y/n to say yes to their first date. to get y/n to trust him, and want to be his partner.

one day he finally sat y/n down on the couch. y/n was shaking, and it wasn't noticeable if you weren't paying attention. but he was.

he spoke softly, "can you tell me about him? what did he do to you?"

y/n shook their head rapidly. "i cant."

dream frowned, "i understand it's hard. but i've been noticing your behaviors. have he abused you? ever?"

y/n broke down sobbing, while nodding their head yes.

dream's eyes began to get watery as he pulled y/n into a hug. "honey, im so sorry, you don't deserve that. you don't have to tell me what he did to you. just tell me what i can do to help, what triggers you."

y/n sniffled, before sighing, "a lot of things trigger me. but it's ok, i trust you. can you warn me, though? before you start streaming? he used to yell at me a lot, and your screaming triggers my panic attacks."

dream nodded, "of course, love. i will warn you beforehand. i love you."

"i love you too, dream. thank you."

dream smiled before pulling them into a kiss.

----------

i'm so sorry! i know this was requested two weeks ago, but i was dealing w a lot.

tw/ don't read this if you deal w sucidusl thoughts or actions!!!

my parents kicked me out after a huge argument that they caused and i swallowed a bunch of pills and now i'm dealing w the aftermath of it. i swallowed my anxiety pills and i found out it caused me to shake all the time now so that sucks :/ but it's cool!

anyway, i'll post another oneshot (i have one more request) this friday or sunday since i'm going to camp ! :D

i hope you guys have a great day/night ! eat some food and drink some water if you haven't !!

i love you and i'm so so so proud of you ! (: <3