1

The tree branch is rough underneath her legs. The bark digs into her skin as she stares out at the horizon. The hot breeze dances along her skin, wrapping her in a warm cocoon. The soft rustling of the leaves fills the soundless morning as the sun creeps up into the sky.

In the tall oak, her silhouette is small in comparison to the towering tree. The tree she has claimed as hers. Everyday at this hour she rises and climbs in order to watch the beginning of a new day. Of a new blank page being turned.

The oak stands proud and tall on a cliff. The view a perfect vantage point to watch all that happens. Both below and above. When the day comes she will be ready.

The day they decide they can come back, she will be ready. She has always been ready.

_______•*•*•*•_______

So. The last you heard of me, I died.

I had died. But at some point, the necessary means to continue a story takes place.

Thus, I lived.

And now, here I am.

Standing on a tree branch at the edge of a cliff, arms open wide, staring at everything I ruled.

Which to be honest wasn't a very impressing sight once you reach the sand dunes. But right below, in a small little bubble, was the greenest place on earth. Literally, as the rest of the world was taken out by Praimfaya.

It's impressive when you consider that fact. It makes it that much more beautiful.

Our own little Eden.

"I wish you were here to rule this with me, my King."

But the stars never granted my wish.

Not a year later. Not five. And not now.

Yet, what hurts the most is, I never got to tell him.

"Vlákas."

_______•*•*•*•_______

The last you heard of me, I was knocked out by the only person who I had given my heart to. The one person who sacrificed and has sacrificed everything for my life on many different occasions.

I promised myself that wouldn't happen again. I wouldn't let anyone sacrifice their life for mine.

I woke up once we were docking onto the Ring. Then we had this whole fiasco with our Oxygen generator. But we didn't die. At least not physically.

Mentally and emotionally, I died. I died as soon as she put me to sleep. I became a shell of who I used to be. Pretending I was okay, but I'm not.

I died because the person who held my heart had sacrificed herself to save my life. I died because I couldn't bare to just survive. I wanted to live. And the only way to live was with her by my side.

It was something I hadn't realized for a long time.

While we've survived enough up here off Monty's algae, the whole crew has gone to shit. But I have to make the most of it. I try so hard to keep things from falling apart that I feel like I'm losing my mind. And the sorrow has led me to do things I'll forever regret.

I let myself lose that wonderful person she had made me to be, and now- all I am is a shell that has latched onto another.

"I wish you were here beside me to help me, my Queen."

But the Stars never granted my wish. And they never will.

Yet, what hurts the most is, I never got to tell her.

"Idiot."

And now I'll spend the rest of my life hiding my misery.

_______•*•*•*•_______

Darkness consumed her. Turned her blood to ice and heart to stone.

Danger beckoned her. Urged her to adventure and adrenaline.

Death called her. Ordered her to violence and blood.

Destruction calmed her. Soothed her charred and broken soul.

Determination spurred her. Motivated her to live and to return.

______•*•*•*•_______

This is her return.

Dear Reader,

Thank you so much for reading the Persphyni Series. I've made an important decision. One that I hope you can come to terms with.

Unfortunately, I have been smothered in school work and scrounging any minutes I can to finish this book.

I will finish this book.

I will write and finish the sixth season.

I will write and finish the seventh season.

But it will take some time.

I wish I had a block in my schedule that would allow for me to strictly do some form of creative writing during the day but it's a scramble to even get ten minutes at night.

I just wanted to write a note to say I have not abandoned this book or you, the reader.

Thank you,
Author