Chapter 39: The Plan

Kali sat on the floor of her new shower, knees to her chest and water cascading over her. She hugged herself tight and cried due to the trauma she endured on what was supposed to be an epic trip. She recalled the last twenty-four hours of her dream trip with B that somehow turned into her worst nightmare.

She couldn't shake the feelings of guilt from murdering two people even after remembering B's reassurance of how necessary it was. It was either her or them, but the sound of the blast and flashes of fireballs from explosions, along with her blood stained face kept her on edge and grappling with guilt at night.

****

It had been two weeks and just as Tuck promised B, he made sure Kali was taken care of. She had round the clock security, even while at rehearsals and even helped find the home of her dreams in the neighborhood she told B she wanted to live in months prior. He hired a moving company and assisted with the packing of her entire condo while on facetime with her as she safely waited in her new home with security. Tuck went the extra mile just to be sure everything was collected before she returned back to normal life in a new setting.

Kali couldn't wait to start over. Especially after learning that everyone who had a personal vendetta with Bakari was killed that night in London, and no future retaliation efforts would take place.

Tuck also did the same for B, packing and storing his things in a storage unit while he awaited his freedom. Tuck gave him every piece of information needed for his new start to the states.. whenever it was supposed to happen.

B finally got his day in court after a much longer wait then anticipated and was released from jail...almost three months later. He was cleared of any charges and for the trouble he asked that Kali AND her family be kept safe from that moment forward.

Once B was back in Georgia, he settled in his spot rather quickly and finally had the chance to try to look for Kali, but he hit a roadblock. She changed her number, and his only key to finding her, Tuck, had sadly collapsed and died from a sudden aneurysm. B was devastated. He didn't want to, but he flew back to London to pay his respects to Tuck's family and was able to thank him for everything he'd done while at his funeral.

B fought with whether reaching out to her family was appropriate, but ultimately decided not to so he wouldn't alarm them. He tried reaching her through social media from a new page, but she was private and his dm's went unanswered in her requests since his original lurk account was deactivated. It seemed everything was keeping them from each other when they needed each other the most. And they would need each other more than ever as the tour took off without a hitch.

*****

Flashback~One week prior to B's release

Kali gripped the microphone stand for balance as she suddenly became sick. She did just finish Mediterranean food for lunch and figured that it just didn't agree with her.

She held her stomach and the female vocalist H.E.R noticed how off Kali looked from her seat on the couch.

"Kali? You good Baby girl?" She asked while sitting her fender against the couch so she could walk over to check on her.

"Yea girl. I think I ate too much, and that garlic gave me heartburn." Kali explained as H.E.R rubbed her back in a comfortable manner.

***

((Across the pond in London at the same time))

B stopped his round of push ups and rushed over to his toilet to puke. He dry heaved once every ounce of his lunch was in the toilet before he wiped his mouth and sat against his bunk.

"How ya doin mate?" His cellmate inquired.

"It's that nasty ass food."

"You've been throwing up for a week straight. I think you need to tell someone to get you a dietary supplement. You can't be healthy by puking everything out every day.