Chapter 18: Spur of the Moment

"Fuuuuck!-- B exclaimed as he came from beating up Jazz's pussy for a good half hour on his hardwood floor. She wasn't good enough to make it to his bed so for comfort, he gave her a used towel for knee stability. He stood up and smacked her ass as she struggled with wobbly legs to get up. "Aight, you need an Uber or something?"

"Yea..but am I gonna see you again? She asked as she tried to kiss him, but he mushed her face away to put his underwear back on after throwing away his condom.

"Probably not. One and done sweetheart." He rudely announced and she frowned.

"Wow. Well thanks for a good fuck."she announced sarcastically as she put on her underwear with attitude. He didn't care about her or little funky attitude, and to make matters worse, he did the Little Rascals wave under his chin to further piss her off.

"You're welcome." He called out as he watched her gather her shit so he could properly kick her out to wait for the Uber outside.

He searched for Sha and even sent a text to inquire about his safety to which he got no response. Figuring he was upset with him, he wanted to give a little minute before he reached out again.

With his balls relieved of the sexual pressure, he turned his music up and sparked a blunt to unwind...

****

"Good, they finally done!" Sha said as he sipped on his ginger ale given to him by Kali before she jumped in the shower. He silenced his phone so B wouldn't suspect him over while he made himself comfortable in her round contemporary chair.

"Oh Good." She mumbled through the door as she dressed in a long shirt in the bathroom to avoid giving her ex boyfriend a peep show.

"You gotta deal with this all the time? He quizzed as she opened the bathroom door to let the steam out. She gazed at herself as she fluffed her curls from the weight of the shower cap, and removed a few Bobby pins that were sticking her scalp as they conversed.

"Uhhh, not all the time." She snickered to herself knowing she was the one causing all the ruckus as of late, but didn't feel like going into details. Especially since she was lowkey mad that he had the audacity to bring another chick back after what transpired in the club.

"Yea, the homie can be rude as shit sometimes. He wasn't always that way though. It comes in spurts." Sha mentioned matter of factly.

"Yea I'm aware."She croaked as she came out to grab her moisturizer to apply to her body. She hoped having Sha over to catch up would make her forget just how much B irritated her for being a fuckboy. Yes, they had an arrangement, but she couldn't shake the fact that she was hurt nonetheless.

Shakir was a fairly smart dude and picked up on vibes just as well as Kali. Luckily for her, he felt the apprehension in her tone and decided to change the subject.

He widened his legs in the chair as he sat in the corner of the room watching her moisturize."Well Ms. California Reign, what you been up to since we've last seen each other?"

"Wow, I'm surprised you didn't call me Rainy." They shared a laugh at the cute name he used during their puppy love stage. "Well for one, I legally changed my first name to Kali with a K, and other than that I've been working man. I'm pursuing the entertainment business and I moved to the black mecca to do so, not too long ago.What about you? Your family good?"She quizzed as she looked up from rubbing shea butter on her legs.

"That's dope baby girl, I see you. I knew you'd be doing something great and artsy with how eclectic your fam is." he briefly laughed. "I'm good out here though. Working, living, I'm blessed..oh and my family is still crazy as hell. You know my mama still asks about you? I kept telling her that I didn't use social media up until recently to try to find you, and when I did look, nothing came up. The name change is what probably threw off my search. I guess I could've found you sooner had I known." He smiled, causing her to eye roll.