chapter forty-six: a dirty betrayal

I woke up the next day as the sun started to peak in the window. I moved slightly before remembering where I was. George slowly opened his eyes before smiling up at me. "Good morning, darling."

I smiled softly. "Good morning. I'm sorry I woke you."

"It's okay," he promised. I kissed him gently. "Well, that can't be good."

I laughed lightly. "I have to go. I've got work, but I'll be back tonight just like I said."

"Midnight?"

"Or a little after."

"Okay," he nodded as I got up. I grabbed my wand, summoning a new outfit from my house. I slipped off the shirt I had been wearing and slipped on the dress before taking off my shorts. "Well now you're just teasing me." I turned back to look at him before smiling. I sat down to put on my heels.

"I have to give you something to think about while I'm gone," I joked. Once I got my heels on, I stood up. "Is it too tempting to ask you to zip up my dress?"

"You think you're so funny," he complained, standing up. I felt his hands on the back of my dress. He slowly zipped up my dress before moving his hands to my hips and pulling me back into him. He leaned down to my ear. "What you don't know is all it would take is a few words, and you'd be more than happy for me to rip that dress right off you." As he spoke, he let his hand trail down my thigh. He kissed just below my ear. I straightened up as a chill went down my spine. He smirked. "What was that, darling?"

"I have work," I repeated, though much less confident as my voice shook. He hummed, letting me go.

"If you insist." I turned back as he walked away.

"Oh shut up," I smiled, pulling him back into a kiss. He laughed lightly.

"Who's tempting now?" he asked in between kisses.

"Don't get cocky now," I teased, resting my forehead against his. He rubbed my hip with his thumb. "I'll see you tonight."

"Please be safe."

"Safe is my middle name."

"Right," he rolled his eyes. "Good luck at work."

"You too. No more work catalogs."

"I had to get a letter to you somehow."

"You are extremely consistent in that regard," I nodded before following him to the office door. He opened it, and I walked through it.

"Larissa, I, wow, I didn't realize you were here," Fred gaped from upstairs. I looked up at him.

"Yeah, I stopped by."

"Are you the one who set off the alarm?"

"Just testing out your security."

"She's coming to our house tonight," George added. Fred raised his eyebrows.

"You are?"

"I am."

"Good. Mom's been dying to actually meet you."

"She, she has?" I asked, looking from him to George. They both nodded. I smiled slightly. "Well, I'm excited to meet her too. I'll see you tonight."

"Tonight," he agreed, kissing me softly.

"I'm requesting my own room at the house tonight," Fred announced.

"You're such a buzzkill, Fred Weasley," I called after him.

"I've been called a lot of things, but a buzzkill was never one of them so I am offended." I heard the door to their loft shut, and we both smiled.

"Okay, I really have to go now."