chapter thirty-two: coming clean

I looked back at the house to see George and Fred had come out too. Perfect. Greyback and Bellatrix were busy so I apparated into the circle, grabbed George's hand, and disapparated out, farther away, before he could realize what was happening. As soon as we landed, he threw a spell at me, which I quickly blocked. "Watch it, Weasley."

"Larissa?" he gasped, lowering his wand. "What the hell..."

"Listen, I don't have much time."

"What are you doing here?"

"Making sure you and your friends don't get hurt, for one thing."

"You came with them?" he asked, taking a step closer. "But what are they here for?"

"For Harry, of course," I sighed as he reached for my hand. It was so subconscious, I didn't even pull away. It was like we both needed a little piece of reassurance. "They just, he wants to get to him. In any way possible. If that means coming here, then he will."

"If you're here for him, then why aren't you out there chasing him?"

I hesitated for a moment. I still hadn't decided if I should tell him or not, but the way he wrote in those letters told me I had to tell him. Even if I just blurted it out. "I took the test."

His thumb paused against my hand. A cautious half smile played on his lips. "The graviditation spell? What happened?"

"George, before I say anything, I just-"

"It changed color," he interrupted with a very clear smile on his face. "Bloody hell, Larissa, it changed color, didn't it?"

"I, yes, it did, but-"

"No buts," he stopped me again, spinning me around in a hug. "We're having a baby."

"Wait-"

"What color did it turn?" he continued, clearly ignoring my comments. "I hope it turned pink. Because we'll have the most beautiful daughter if she looks like you. Merlin's sake, but if she looks like you and has your attitude... maybe it would be best if we had a boy. Then we could spoil you and-"

"Damn it, Weasley, would you listen to me?" I snapped, drawing him out of his daydream. He looked at me, stunned.

"Darling... what? What's wrong?" He reached to push my hair behind my ear, but I pushed his hand away. He furrowed his brow. "No."

"My mind hasn't changed," I stated, plainly. "I can't bring a child into this world right now. And I..." I took a deep breath. "God, I can't bring a child into this world knowing they would carry on his blood. I can't do that to a baby." I paused, meeting his eyes before adding, "And I can't do that to you."

"To me?" he scoffed. "Do you really think having a baby with you would be the worst thing to happen to me?"

"Have you told your mother that you might be having a kid with me?" I asked, crossing my arms. He looked away. "Have you even told her that there is an us? That you're in cahoots with the heir of Slytherin, Voldemort's own granddaughter, the most trusted, respected, and feared death eater out there? Have you told anyone in your family besides the ones who saw your exit?" When he didn't answer, I scoffed, shaking my head. "That's what I thought."

He grabbed my hand when I turned to walk away. "It's not that easy."

"Carrying his blood isn't either," I whispered, as if someone was listening. He looked contradicted between the pain he knew I felt and the pull for our child. "Which is exactly why I don't want to force that life on a child. And you don't want that for your children either."