chapter twenty-eight: grand escape

The fireworks had managed to get even crazier outside.

"Lighten up, Miles," I insisted, watching as one burst into a few constellations. Orion.

"Lighten up?" he scoffed. "This is ridiculous. They're going to get..." He trailed off as a heart shaped one burst above me. I laughed lightly, looking up at it.

"Why, hello, darling," George smirked, hovering beside me. "Enjoying the show?"

"It's quite the production, Mr. Weasley," I nodded. "Is it ending anytime soon or will we spend all afternoon out here?"

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" I rolled my eyes playfully. "But no, it's almost over. Just wanted to say goodbye."

"Goodbye then."

"That was pathetic."

"Pathetic?" I asked. "How else should I say goodbye? Adios, au revoir, arr-" He cut me off, pulling me into a kiss. I smiled into the kiss, pulling him closer by his tie. At that moment, I honestly forgot all my troubles. I forgot what the consequences could be, what everyone would say and think, and just felt his hand running into my hair. The fireworks were inside and out now. He pulled away a moment later with a smirk.

"That was more of the goodbye I was going for," he teased, kissing me again. He looked over at Miles. "Oh, hey, Bletchley, didn't see you there." I glanced at Miles who looked like he was trying to figure out if he was more shocked or angry.

"Okay, break it up, lovebirds," Fred teased, flying behind us. "Hey, Miles! Looking a little red there, feeling alright?"

"Well, darling, I will see you around," George smiled before flying off. They flew up to the sky and through a huge firework. As they went out of sight, I noticed the fireworks perfectly resembled the mural I had painted at their store. I smiled slightly, running a finger against my lips.

"What the hell was that?" Miles yelled.

"Clearly a lot more action than you've ever gotten from her," Cassius snapped, causing the rest of the team around us to laugh. They quickly shut up when Miles glared at them. He took a heated look at me before brushing past me.

"I honestly don't know whether to applaud you for sticking it to Miles or to question your judgement for your boy toy being a Weasley," Celeste smirked as we walked back in.

"We've had some fun," I shrugged.

"Did I see my eyes correctly?" Adrian asked, walking up. "Or did I imagine you were kissing George Weasley?"

"If your daydreams consist of me kissing other people, then you're more screwed up than I originally believed."

He rolled his eyes. "So what is that?"

"None of your business."

"Come on, Prince. Just tell us if it's new or if you've been sneaking around behind our backs for years."

"What? So you can go report to Miles?" I snapped. "What I do is none of your business."

"Whatever," he scoffed, walking off.

"So can we get the actual details?" Daphne asked, linking arms with me.

I debated for a moment whether I should tell them the truth. But even as I considered it, I knew there was no possible way that I could tell them, and it not get back to Voldemort.

"Honestly, it was just a few late nights," I shrugged. "Nothing serious. And now that he's dropped out, it'll make life easier."

"Ah, so he must've fallen under the spell of Larissa Prince," Cassius sighed, throwing an arm around my shoulders. "We've all been there."