chapter seven: quidditch after party

The next couple weeks went fine. We just had classes and Quidditch practice. We survived exams so the next big focus was the Friday night Quidditch games. They had to cancel the original date for Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor so we had two games on the same night. It was Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor and Ravenclaw vs Slytherin. Quite honestly, we all rooted for Hufflepuff solely to not root for Gryffindor. The Gryffindor team was actually pretty good this year, which I would rarely admit, but they managed to replace Wood with Ron Weasley, who has improved immensely the past year so this game was important.

I walked down to the Quidditch pitch with the rest of the team before heading to the locker room to get ready. I was the only girl on the team, which wasn't a problem because I was the best chaser. I say it wasn't a problem, unless, of course, you were the other players who could be quite misogynistic when questioned. We walked out, passing the Gryffindor team on the way.

"Good luck out there," Adrian scoffed, bumping into Ron.

"Yeah, you're gonna need it," Draco added as we continued by. I rolled my eyes as the rest of them laughed. I raised an eyebrow when I caught George's gaze before we continued to the field. He glanced down my body, letting a small smirk takeover his face. He motioned for me to continue, and I shook my head, looking forward so he couldn't see I was smirking too.

We took our positions before Madam Hooch blew the whistle. The match went great. We ended up winning 230 to 70. Draco managed to catch the snitch, which was perfect because it put us well ahead of the competition for the Quidditch Cup so Miles was beyond excited. We went back to our locker room before going out to watch the Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff game. After a goal put them 70 points ahead, Miles stood up and yelled something about a foul. Of course, there was no foul.

"Shut up, Miles," I scolded as they passed the quaffle back towards the other goal.

"That was totally a foul," he yelled, ignoring me. I rolled my eyes, looking back at the game just for Cass to pull me out of my seat. A bludger flew over me and hit Miles.

"Sorry, Bletchley, didn't see you there," George apologized, hitting the bludger as it floated above us. I gave him a playful glare as he flew away.

"What the hell is wrong with these Gryffindors this year?" Miles asked.

"This year?" Adrian laughed. "More like every year." Despite me wanting them to lose by default, I couldn't help but smile a little bit when they would get a goal. My eyes would trail over to a certain beater who would cheer every time. When Harry caught the snitch, Crabbe and Goyle boo-ed.

"Damn it," Cassius cursed, hitting the bench in front of him.

"Yeah," I nodded, watching with a twinge of jealousy as the Gryffindor team gathered together for a team hug as they cheered. We never did that. "Damn it."

"Whatever," Miles groaned, standing up behind me. He put his hands on my shoulders, rubbing slightly. "We still creamed Ravenclaw which means we're having a killer afterparty. Let's go." I stood up, and he put his arm around my shoulders once we got to a place we could walk together. I let my hands relax in my pockets as we all laughed about something stupid. I saw the Gryffindor team cheering as they walked back up to the castle too. I met eyes with George, giving him a little nod. He smiled, doing the same.

***

Our party was insane as usual. We had countless kegs and drinks, and at some point, various elixirs were passed around that had everyone going crazy. Honestly, it was probably one of our more insane parties. Whether it was because we won by so much or because we'd just finished exams, everyone was in the mood to party. It was well past midnight when I decided I'd drank a little too much.