Chapter 45

You calm my mind and set my heart on fire. You are a beautiful combination.

~•°❤°•~

••••••••••••••••••

"Come on, Kath. You don't have to do this. I can go alone", protested Laura. Laura has been saying this all day but Kathleen wasn't backing off from her original plan. She is not gonna let anyone hurt Laura and she would do anything to keep her safe from Beverly and the other bitches.

On the other hand, Laura felt guilty for dragging kathleen into this when she had enough issues to handle. Laura can never forgive herself if something happens to kathleen in the party and vice versa. Kathleen can never forgive herself if something bad happened to Laura because of her ignorance.

Anyways, a good friend is someone who love their friend, who stand by them no matter what, whom protects their soul. In truth, in this changing and cruel world, they are a rare beauty. So, when people find one, treasure them as much as they treasure us. Stay in one another's hearts even if you both travel separate paths.

"Yes, Laura. I must do this", muttered kathleen adjusting her black slash neck slinky dress that revealed her right shoulder completely.

"No.... Kathleen... I just feel guilty for dragging you into this....", mumbled Laura and pull out a red belted midi dress from her wardrobe.

"Don't break your heart just by overthinking this little thing", kathleen tried to convince Laura.

"And never feel guilty in doing what's best for you and trust me Laura, I have no regret in attending a party. And it's a been a really long time ever since I attended a real party. So cheer up, it's showtime babs", kathleen winked and apply some mascara to her eyes making it look smoking hot.

"Why do you have to wear black all the time kath?", Janice sank into her bed, finally it was Saturday. She planned on spending all day with kathleen and Laura, chatting, venting, laughing and watching out a movie together. She thought it would the perfect girls night but unfortunately kathleen and Laura had to attend Beverly's party and Janice had to stay all alone in the room.

The room was a complete mess and it didn't matter to her, she would do it after the girls leave for the party. Janice planned to do laundry together, similarly she had the idea of cleaning their room and Janice had assignments to work upon, and she has got time for all her chores until the girls come back.

"The relationship between me and my black clothes is a love story that can't be explained in words", grinned kathleen making Janice scoff at her comment.

All these time, Laura was hiding behind a mask, like she was happy, coping up the conversation and laughing at the right time. She couldn't be honest with her friend and her heart ached as kathleen was doing this only for Laura. Janice could clearly see that Laura was stressing out herself.

"Laura, if you stress too much about something before it happens, you basically put yourself through it twice. And I feel like you are doing that to yourself right now and come on relax. For God's sake we all knew kathleen for better, if someone stand against her she will destroy them for sure", Janice tell her and Laura nodded.

"So, Laura and Kathleen just stick together, enjoy the party to the fullest and leave once it's twelve. And Kath, Beverly will definitely try her tricks on you, beware of Beverly and her girls", stated Janice and the girls mouthed a yes with nod.

"Jay, what are you gonna do for the rest of the day?", questioned kathleen, painting her lips red.

"For now, I'm just not interested to do anything. Literally I'm tired", Janice rolled to the other side of the bed.