Chapter 29

𝓔𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓱, 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓮, 𝔀𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻, 𝓼𝓴𝔂........
𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓭, 𝓼𝓸𝓯𝓽, 𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓮....𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓯𝓾𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝓯 𝓯𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓼.
𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓯𝓾𝓵!
𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽
𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓼 𝓶𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵.

~💙~

••••••••••••••••••

EJ picks her up around 12 and she was surprised to find him totally quiet during the whole drive. He didn't utter a single word to her other than the 'Hey'. He can never be silent around her. He loves to pull her leg but today he was acting weird. No sarcasm at all, so this is something Kathleen has to worry about.

They reached his house in 20 and she scurried towards the entrance in excitement. She was really happy to meet Sarah after a long time. She could spot Sarah in the living room, patiently waiting for her arrival.

"Aww, it's so nice to see you, sweetheart", she said embracing her warmly.

"Yes, it feels so good to see you Sarah mom", she squeezed Sarah into a tight hug. They chuckled together between the hugs.

"Why do I find to be cringey", teased EJ and made himself comfortable on the sofa.

"Finally someone has found the right words to speak", smirked Kathleen, making him chuckle.

"What-t?", Sarah couldn't understand Kathleen's comment.

"He was so quiet during the ride and I didn't know why", she stated, eyeing EJ for an explanation.

"So sweet, Kathleen is worried about me and my talks. Wow this is something I should really feel happy about", mocked EJ.

"Call of the devil and he is here", smirked Kathleen. Sarah witnessed it all with a small smile as she has never seen her son getting comfortable with anyone like this before.

EJ was not an introvert exactly but he had made his own walls that people couldn't break through or climb over. To be precise, people would be terrified to talk to him. He barely made friends on his own. And Sarah can notice that Kathleen was really something special to her son.

"Hey, enough. Let's have lunch", suggested Sarah, gesturing them towards the kitchen.

"And sweetheart, I wasn't aware of your favorites so I tried to make the best dishes", Sarah chirped.

"It's okay, anyways I'm starving already", Kathleen chuckled.

"I've made Reuben sandwiches, barbecue ribs, cheesesteaks, and finally baked Alaska for dessert", beamed Sarah. She felt contented to have Sarah in her life as Sarah was treating Kathleen like her own kid.

"You both take a seat and I'll serve", she added. Kathleen smoothed her green tie waist dress and took a seat beside EJ.

"So, kath sweetheart, what type of ball gown are you wearing to the masquerade ball?", questioned Sarah.

"Um, I'm not going", she said munching her sandwich.

"What? Why?"