Chapter 20

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ The secret to a happy life is few friends who come into your life by luck and never leave. ♥

_💟_

.................................................

The intercollegiate event came to an end peacefully

The intercollegiate event came to an end peacefully. There were no more chaos and the girls enjoyed the further events delightfully. The next few days were smooth and welcoming. They were having their best days so far. No troubles, no mess, no fights for the past few days. Finally the week arrived- it was the day before EJ'S birthday. And Kathleen was confused and debating whether to attend his birthday party or quit the idea of visiting his home.

"Are you serious?!! You didn't get him anything for his day?!", questioned Janice, wide eyed. Janice was busy reading something.

"Yeah, Jay!! I don't know!! I'm just confused. Maybe it's better if I don't attend his party", said Kathleen rubbing her temple.

"Hey, silly!! That's barely a party. It is gonna be you, EJ, Robert and his mom. That's not a big deal, right Jay?", stated Laura looking up from her phone. Laura and Janice wanted Kathleen to attend his birthday party, so badly. They have been convincing her on this for the past three days.

"Laura is right!! It's not a party indeed. And most of all, remember it was his mother's request, you can't deny it. She has been a great person to you", explained Janice.

"But I'm not comfortable, in being around EJ and Robert at the same time!!I find it hard in company with EJ and of course, Robert", grunted Kathleen. Laura and Janice chuckled at her nervousness.

"Come on. It's not funny", kathleen rolled her eyes.

"Hey, calm down!! Everything is gonna be alright!! You are taking part in EJ'S birthday party for sure!!", assured Janice with a grin.

"Ahm...but what do I give him? I mean I have no idea what to buy or what to gift him on his day", kathleen awkwardly said to her friends.

"Well in that case, let's think", said Laura wondering what to get him as a present.

"How about teddy bears?", questioned Kathleen with a sparkling brown eyes.

"Teddy bear?? He is not a kid anymore, kath!! He is a grown up man" insisted Janice with a weary face expression.

"I love teddy bears and there is no age limit to love them. People of any age groups can have them!", said Kathleen and pouted.

"But I don't think it would make a good present!! How about we go shopping?", insisted Janice. Kathleen and Laura agreed to her since they had to buy few things for themselves.

It was ten past four in the evening when they reached the Time Square. They walked into certain shops and bought the things they planned on purchasing. They filled their tummies with sandwiches, burgers, milkshakes and icecream.
Finally they spotted a gift shop to purchase the presents they were looking for.