Chapter 18

𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓌𝑒'𝓇𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝒹𝒾𝒻𝒻𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓃𝓉. 𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓅𝒾𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓅𝓊𝓏𝓏𝓁𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀, 𝓈𝑜 𝒹𝒾𝒻𝒻𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓎𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝒻𝒾𝓉 𝓉𝑜𝑔𝑒𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇.

-💙-

....................................

............................................

The day of intercollegiate event has finally arrived. The past few days were peaceful with no trouble. Kathleen got better in a day or two. They didn't have many classes to attend since the event was approaching. They practiced all day for the dance and other committee members worked for long hours without rest to make this event a grand one. It happens every year but this year it's gonna be special since the first year students has been working with immense involvement.

Howard University has 4 different departments in it's campus which are •Howard University of arts and science,
•Howard University of business
•Howard University of Law
•Howard University of Engineering and architecture. The total population of the university would be 1000 numbers. Kathleen, Laura and Janice were excited about the intercollegiate event. The campus was decorated with posters, lights and it was bustling with students roaming around.

Kathleen and the girls were getting ready in the early morning to attend the inaugural ceremony for the event. Janice was about to give her speech for the Felicitation. Janice chose to wear a pink wrap dress which has a classic silhouette while Laura wore a golden brown peplum dress. Kathleen took up a black laces pencil dress which made her look lean. The girls chose their outfit and later decided to do some make over. They together used pink lipstick and put some mascara to the eyes.

"Alright!! We have groomed enough!! Now let's move out, it's getting late", insisted Laura, since the event was about to began.

"Yeah, I have to reach there on time or else my committee members would kill me", said Janice taking up the files and paper she needed. On the other hand, Kathleen took her dance costume in a bag. The girls marched towards the auditorium.

On the way to the auditorium, they could see students from various universities standing in groups and were chit-chatting. The campus looked colorful and the girls found it gripping as they had never seen such a event in their high school.

............................................

Janice finishes up her Felicitation speech, getting huge round of applause from everyone. Her oration, tone, expression and language was awe inspiring. After few minutes she joins Kathleen, Laura and Noah who sat on the last row. Following Janice, Gerald presented his speech. He gave a stunning performance as well.

"Jay, that was amazing", exclaimed Noah. Janice said thanks grinning at him. She has never been afraid of stages or audience. So it wasn't a big deal for her.