Chapter 31

𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝓮𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽
𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓼𝓽. 𝓘𝓽 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓼
𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓶𝓮𝓼𝓼.

-🖤-

•••••••••••••••

"What?", yelled Janice and Laura in unison on hearing from Layla that Kathleen's name was enrolled for the title of masquerade king and queen.

The girls don't usually involve them in such stuffs. And Kathleen and her friends weren't aware of the game, the scavenger hunt. And the winner of the couple will be crowned as masquerade king and queen.

"I think there has been a mistake, I didn't sign up for the title", explained Kathleen with nervous smile.

"Oh, then it must have been someone else!! But I think you will find it hard to play for the first time", stated Layla. The girls were left confused and wondered what she was talking about.

"What?? We don't get you", Laura muttered and awaits for an explanation from Layla.

"Come on girls, don't tell me that you don't know about scavenger hunt. I bet you must have heard girls talking about this game", said Layla and look at the girls. They were all shocked equally.

"Trust me, we never knew something like this, and we have zero interest in such things", affirmed Janice and adjust her mask that keeps falling off her face.

"But now, coming to know that Kathleen is going to be a part of something like, I'm all ears to know a lot about this game. Come on, pour out all you know", requested Janice.

"Scavenger hunt is a type of game where you will be given some clues regarding your dance partner( the king). The committee members would have fixed your pair by now.

The game will start shortly and you will be given the first clue that lead you to the second and so on, vice-versa. And you will find your partner by the end of the 10th clue. So, like wise your male partner will be provided with the clues regarding you.

The male and female should find out each other within the given time limit or the couple that finds each other first is the winner of the hunt. And they have to perform a dance together, after this they will be announced as the masquerade King and queen.

But you will not know who your male partner is nor anything about the other male and the other male partner will never knew who you are. All you both have to do is find each other using the ten clues that you get", Layla spent time in explaining them about the scavenger hunt.

"This is insane", mumbled Kathleen, she went numb on hearing this from Layla.

"Yes, it is!! What if she say she is not ready to do this", expressed Janice.

"Um.... you can't do it...but....if you wanted to....then......", stammered Layla.

"But what??", kathleen whisper yelled with a pout.

"Actually, not many people would sign on for this, so they set few rules to make the students participate", she said, letting out a nervous laugh.

"What?? Like seriously ? We thought the other way..... that many would participate so they would give title to.......", trailed off Laura, thinking how stupid they have been discussing earlier.