Chapter 43

She keep a lot to herself
because it's difficult to
find people who understand!

~~•○•~~•○•~~•○•~~

..................

Kathleen stare at the full size mirror that reflected the perfect image of her full body. She was wearing a purple jersey knot dress that hung to her tiny hips revealing her hourglass body shape better. She looked pale, thinner than she was a six months ago but she had got curves that made her look hot.

"What are you wondering kath?", enquired Janice slipping onto her red tie waist shirt dress.

"No I was just thinking.... ahmmm don't you guys think I have lost weight?!", she questioned them unsurely.

"Ahmm....yeah I think the same.... but it really doesn't show a lot of difference to me?!", claimed Janice.

"But I don't think I'm worse than Laura", stated Kathleen with a giggle. She was right Laura was the slimmest one among the trio.

"Kath, you won't believe this. But I was just seventy seven pounds during my high school days", Laura announced making the other two gasp at her comment.

"Yes, I tried all that I could but I was a thin, gawky adolescent back then. First I figured out a breakfast that was the right amount of calories for my age, gender and activity level, I learned it through internet and I would eat the food that would keep me going until lunchtime, and would go on with or without a small mid-morning snack.

I changed my pattern of eating to put on some weight before my mom would take me to a psychiatrist. My mom and dad thought that I was suffering from some sort of eating disorders but no, I wasn't.

I kept the rest of the day as normal until that became routine. Then I changed lunch, I tried to eat something with the right amount of calories,  with good nutrition too, one that kept me going until dinner time and even at certain times, I tried whey. I then kept everything else the same for a few weeks until the new breakfast and lunch were part of my routine.

Finally I changed dinner, and then all day long I had the right amount of calories and great nutrition, and all designed by me! It was what I wanted to eat, not some bizarre plan from some websites. I made it work, I finally put on extra thirty pounds in two months.

They say new routines take three weeks to set in, but no, it was just a week for me to adapt to the change of food pattern and changing my diet a meal at a time rather than changing so much at once worked really well. It was the best weight gain program I ever did because I simply kept my new routines unless it was a special occasion or Friday nights.

So, finally at the end of high school, I was hundred and five pounds and now, I have a lost some pounds I hope, I can feel that", she signed finishing up her story. Janice and Kathleen shook their heads puffing out.

"But it is really good,... like you have increased from just 7 7 pounds to 105..... I think I should try something out before my father see me like this", exhaled Kathleen.

"Yes, you have to eat up girl....like lot, really a lot", affirmed Laura.

"What do you think Jay?", Laura questioned her who was silent that all this time.

"The thing about this body, or any body, is that it belongs to the brain within. Whatever you do to the body, you do to the brain. Feelings will come from the senses. When try to put on or lose weight, it's the brain that takes the final call.