Chapter 10

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓪 𝓯𝓮𝔀 𝓼𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓾𝓻𝓽 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓵!

- 🖤 -

...............................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kathleen was admiring the painting that she almost forgot that she has to pick up Laura and have lunch together in the Cafeteria. She came to her senses after few seconds. She could now sense someone standing behind her. She wondered who it was. She couldn't see his face in the reflection on the glass of display board. He was tall and well built. And his cologne seemed familiar to Kathleen. She has smelled this strong fruity cologne somewhere before.

She turns around and her forehead hits his thorax. She was shorter to him. She looks up and finds a familiar face staring at her. It was none other than the Great EJ. Kathleen's eyes widened in awe. She dropped her head and avoids looking at him.
He opened his mouth to say something to her but Kathleen ran away from him.

Kathleen ran as fast as she could, she turns back to find if anyone was watching her. Kathleen dashed someone on her way and continued walking. The person catches her arm before she could walk away.

"Hold on, Barbie!! Why do have to run like this?", questioned Robert holding her right arm. Kathleen takes a breath and snatch her arm from him.

'I'm having a great day indeed!! Got away from a devil 😈and was caught by another one😈! Maybe Shakespeare was right! Hell is empty and all the devils are here! ' Kathleen thought herself.

"I'm just having a jog", blurted Kathleen with a fake smile .

"Oh is it?", Robert raises his eyebrow.

"I got to go, see you later!!", Kathleen started to walk away from him.

"What are you up to?", questioned Robert, walking beside her.

"I'm off to the Cafeteria!", announced Kathleen.

"Great! I'll accompany you since I'm heading there as well", expressed Robert.

"Oh, okay", said Kathleen. She doesn't know how to avoid him for good. They walked together to the Cafeteria in silence. The whole Cafeteria looked up at their direction. She could find Laura in shock. She couldn't find Janice anywhere inside the Cafeteria. She could spot EJ and his circle of friends, Zachary, Brandon, Oliver, Liam and Doris, Melissa, Rachel, Marilyn glaring at them. It was horrifying to have them stare at her like that for no reason.

Robert walked beside her in silence. Kathleen looked around and all the students was astonished to find them together. Kathleen found it uncomfortable to have all the attention towards her. She walks faster and collects her plate from the food counter.