Worthy of your love

Enjoy :)

Catra knew she wasn't like the others. They were either royals or grew up in a palace alongside a royal. They had magic or some cool gadgets that basically did the same job. They were inherently good. They were everything Catra wasn't. Not being a royal or high class member of society wasn't something that Catra thought too much about.

She'd accepted her social standing on some level. Even joked about hating the idea of ever being a royal. She didn't mind not being born royal. That was something she couldn't change, so why bother fussing over it? However, she couldn't help but notice the obvious social difference between her and the rest of her friends. It didn't necessarily bother her, but it was a fact that everyone on Etheria knew.

Catra snickered. She was holding a glass of wine, out of reach from Adora.

"Yeah, right! This dumbass couldn't hold her liquor if she tried."

One of the permanent rules for parties such as these, were 'Adora was not allowed to drink'. So, Catra had that job added to the list of her duties that Glimmer assigned her. Who knew royal parties involved so much planning? Seating charts, food preparation, decorations, invitations. Glimmer had invited many royals and high class citizens from all over Etheria. The goal of tonight was to mingle and for Adora to get used to such occasions. As a princess/goddess, she was welcomed into high society and her appearance was expected at these parties.

Catra was tasked with being Glimmer's assistant for the night. Anything she or the visitors needed, she was in charge of providing. This was no problem. After being a general in the Horde, this would be easy. Catra stood next to Glimmer's chair, waiting for a request. It wasn't the most exciting job, but she did it with a tight lip and quick responses.

At some point, Adora, who was sitting to Glimmer's left had attempted to take a sip of alcohol. Catra was in her lap, snatching the glass out of her lover's hand. Adora, laughed, trapping Catra against her, preventing her from getting up.

"Just one sip, Catra." She pleaded.

Catra rolled her eyes. She shoved a hand against Adora's face.

"No way, princess. Last time you drank, you almost stripped naked trying to swim in the fountain. Your stupid self almost could've drowned if it weren't for Scorpia stopping you."

Glimmer cleared her throat, getting their attention. They realized that the whole table was watching them. Glimmer was giving them a smirk, as if waiting for them to explain themselves. Adora blushed, loosening her hold on Catra. Catra stood up, placing the glass on the tray of a passing waiter.

"Sorry, Sparkles." She said, grinning. "You're welcome, though. I probably just saved your party. We all know Adora can't drink. She'd bring down the place."

Glimmer mockingly glared at Catra.

"It's Queen Glimmer to you, Horde Scum." She admonished, her tone playful.

Catra hummed, not taking any of her words serious.

"Mhm. Sure, Glitter. Princess, Queen, same thing. Get back to being boring. You're being rude."

Glimmer rolled her eyes and went back to her discussion. Catra decided to try and pay attention, taking a seat on one the arms of Glimmer's chair. Glimmer never said anything against it. Catra was also subtly nudging Adora with her foot, feeling playful. Looking around the banquet table, Catra could almost identify each face. The monarchs and dignitaries, Catra noticed, were varying in species, however, all acted like any other member of high society. Poised, intelligent, mild-mannered, and a little snooty.

Catra's eyes wandered over to the Brightmoon group. Over the course of the war, she'd come to realize that the members of the Princess Alliance were more relaxed than most royals. They could fight and get dirty if need be while still maintaining their grace. Catra couldn't ever come close to it. She fought tooth and nail, cutting corners if need be in order to come out on top. Having to only rely on your own physical strength and skill to stay alive will cause you to do whatever is necessary to win against those with a magical advantage.