A 2nd chance at childhood part 6

Enjoy :)

TW: mention of abuse, Shadow Weaver

Adora was awoken by knocking on her door. She sat up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Looking at the clock, she saw it was barely sunrise. Then it must be important for someone to come to her at this time.

Getting up, Adora briskly walked to her door, opening it. She saw a guard standing there. She then noticed the child sized Catra on the guard's hip.

"It seems Lady Catra has suddenly grown in age." The guard said. "She wandered out of her room and asked for you."

Catra was staring at her, clearly expecting someone smaller. She looked confused.

"Is that Adora?" She asked the guard. "She's a grown up."

The guard hummed in affirmation.

"Yes. Adora is a grown up. Do you want to go with her?"

Catra looked at Adora once more, contemplating.

"Ok!" She decided.

Adora was handed the child. She could hardly comprehend everything that was happening. Catra was no longer a baby. What the heck happened?

"Would you like me to inform the queen?" The guard asked.

Adora didn't see the need. Nothing she couldn't handle on her own.

"Um, no, thank you. I'll tell her when everyone else wakes up. I'll be fine. I think."

The guard bowed before walking away. Adora turned and walked back into her room, closing the door.

She set Catra down on her feet before kneeling to her level.

"Hi, Catra." She greeted with an unsure smile. "You know who I am?"

Catra nodded.

"Adora. I'm Catra."

Adora got a better look at her. Catra looked just like how Adora first remembered her. Her mane was almost as big as her body. Her tail brushed against the floor, flicking slowly. She still had some baby fat, though was thinner than most kids her age from what Adora could remember, making her look like an alley cat.

"How old are you, Catra?" Adora asked.

Catra shrugged. "I don't know." She answered, keeping her voice down. "Where are we?"

Adora smiled.

"We're in a castle."

Catra's eyes widened.

"A princess castle?" Catra had a bit of a lisp, which made her even cuter.

Adora then realized that at this age, Catra would still have been brainwashed by the Horde. Being near princesses would terrify her.

"A nice princess castle." She quickly added. "They're our friends!"

Fear still came over Catra's face.

"What?! Where?"

Catra came closer, clinging onto Adora's shirt with a tiny fist. Adora was quick to try and ease her worries.

"Catra, it's okay. These princesses are nice and they help people. I like them and they like us too. They're not going to hurt you."

Catra was quietly purring to soothe herself. Adora giggled.

"You're so cute when you purr." She commented.

Catra immediately stopped, tensing up in fear.
Adora frowned. Had she said something wrong?