Remember us part 7

Enjoy :) ⚠️ TW: PANIC ATTACK ⚠️

"It's not gonna explode, right?"

They all stared down at the hand-held device Entrapta was holding. She had informed them all of a new device she had built. Safe to say, they were all a little wary of the device, not knowing what it was. Melog was sniffing it, curious.

"Melog! Get away from that!" Catra warned. "She hasn't told us what it does yet."

Melog obeyed and walked over to join the rest of the room's occupants. They sat next to Catra, looking up at her. Glimmer crossed her arms, sighing.

"Just tell us what it is." She said. "And please say it plays music or something."

Entrapta beamed excitedly.

"It does, actually. It's a pocket-sized music device. I downloaded some songs in it. Here, let me show you."

With a press of a button, classical music started playing. It was soothing and melodic. Catra smiled.

"Cool. Nice job, Trapta." She praised. "I kinda want one now."

Entrapta shrugged and tossed the device towards her. Catra, with her fast reflexes, easily caught in mid-air. She looked down at the rectangular shaped device. The screen was bright and showed the many choices that it had.

"You can have it. I'll bring you the charger for it later." Entrapta continued. "Though, I wouldn't recommend charging it with headphones on at the same time. You might die."

Catra raised a brow. She glanced at Adora, who was standing beside her, giving the tiny music player a mistrusting look the rest of their friends took a step back away from Catra and the possible-explosive. Catra looked back at Entrapta and smiled.

"Duly noted." Was all she said.

Catra, Melog following her, walked over to the window sill and sat down, fiddling with her new toy. That seems to signal everyone else to disperse. Adora flopped onto a beanbag chair by Catra's feet. Scrolling through the songs, Catra was impressed by the large quantity of genres.

From what she was starting to remember, The Horde didn't allow them to do much other than train, but Catra had been a rebel and found her way around the rules. That included listening to music. A tune started playing in her mind. She couldn't remember where she'd heard it before. It was a bit jumbled in her memories, only a few words coming to the front of her mind.

Catra pressed the shuffle button and went through the songs, occasionally skipping if the first few seconds of the song didn't catch her attention. Some songs were familiar, while others were totally new to even the others.

An upbeat and energetic song caught her ear. She stopped and listened to it. She felt like she knew this song. As the song went on, Catra's memory seemed to jolt to life. She remembered this song and loved it! Springing to her feet, Catra turned up the volume on the device, wanting the others to hear it too.

Catra began singing along, jumping and dancing around the room. Her feet and hips moved to the beat. As she moved, the muscle memory kicked in. It was as if she'd done these movements before. Catra twirled over to Adora. She smiled and held out her hands.

"Dance with me."

Adora laughed.

"I can't. I'm terrible at it." She explained.

Bow and Glimmer confirmed it, nodding vehemently. Adora looked embarrassed the more she talked.

"Yeah. The only time I didn't fall flat on my face was during Princess Prom when you and I danced."