Don't judge a book by its cover (Part 1?)

High school modern AU. Yeah yeah very original, I know. Enjoy XD also, everyone looks the same just no magic powers

Adora bursted out laughing. She fell against the lockers, clutching her stomach, her other hand covering her mouth. Her laugh was dorky and full of snorts and puffs of air as she struggled to catch her breath.

Glimmer crossed her arms, not pleased.

"Oh shut up, Adora. It's not my fault the guy was an idiot. Bow saw it too."

"It's true." Bow piped up. "I mean, I don't condone violence, but it was kinda unavoidable for her."

Adora sniffled, her eyes watering from the force of her laughter. She giggled, wiping her eyes.

"Oh man. I really should've been there."

Glimmer grunted in agreement.

"Mhm. You should've been there."

Adora caught the slight attitude and rolled her eyes. She pulled her bag over her shoulder and pushed off the wall. She motioned for the two to follow. The trio headed down the loud, semi-filled hallway.

As they walked, the occasional greeting or fist bump was directed towards Adora. Not surprising as she was the football and soccer team captain.

The position of captain came with its perks. Popularity. She was known all around the school, sports being one of the biggest parts of the school's history.

"You know I had practice that day." Adora defended herself.

"Still." Glimmer shrugged. "Not fair to leave me alone, unsupervised. Shit always goes down."

Adora rolled her eyes and made eye contact with Bow. You would think Bow, being Glimmer's boyfriend, would be able to chill her out a little. Guess not.

As they walked, they noticed other students were heading in the same direction. Someone shouting was coming from the same direction. That could only mean one thing. A fight.

Adora, Glimmer and Bow looked at one another. Who was crazy enough to fight at this early in the morning? Only one way to find out. The trio hurried down the hall, following the growing yelling.

Rounding the corner, there was a crowd forming, watching whatever was going on.

It was strangely less rowdy than you'd expect to hear during a fight. The crowd was talking amongst themselves, some recording the event. Adora, Bow and Glimmer carefully pushed their way through the crowd to get a good look. When they got to the center, they couldn't help but stop and stare.

A girl was standing there, hovering over a guy, menacingly. She was a cat-human hybrid, her puffed up tail whipping around angrily. She had wild, curly brown hair, a black leather jacket, a dark red tank top with matching ripped leggings, and black sneakers. A red beanie covered what was obviously her ears. The girl had a sneer on her freckled face.

"DON'T YOU EVER PULL THAT SHIT ON HER AGAIN. YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!" She spat.

The poor guy, a member of the baseball team, nodded, clearly having taken a few punches from her. The bloody nose spoke volumes.

The girl clutched the dude's shirt, bringing her face close to his.

"APOLOGIZE!!" She commanded.

She jabbed a claw-like nail at a girl standing a few feet away. She was tall, kinda muscular. Obviously scorpioni. She had short, white hair. She wore a similar style to the angry girl, but was wearing a jean skirt and black vest instead of leather. She looked worried and clearly upset. Adora tilted her head, trying to figure out who they were. She'd never seen them before. Looking back at the cat girl, Adora realized something. The cat-girl was standing up against the guy for the other girl.