Chapter Fifty-three: I am the Half-Blood Prince

Y/N POV

Harry and I were Apparated to a cave that was near a cliff. The ocean was quite large as the waves crashed into the shore.

"It's there, isn't it?" Harry asked Granddad, to which he nodded.

"What is it?" I asked.

"A necklace, I think. We must pass to obtain it, and most importantly, find a better way to destroy it," he said.

He then Apparated us into the cave and it looked vaguely familiar. When we went into the cave the three of us lit our wand with Lumos. I could feel that darkness of this place in my bones. Granddad walked around and looked upon every part with his eyes, which I noticed looked to be tired. "This is the place. Oh, yes, this place has known magic. Where we stand, Tom Riddle once stood many, many years ago, when he was but a poor orphan boy with a penchant for cruelty. One wintry afternoon, he lured two younger classmates to this cave. What happened is unclear. But this much is known: the children were damaged. Y/N, may I see one of your knives?"

"Sure," I said, confused and took it out of its sheath and gave it to him. When he took it he whispered something.

"This place gives me the creeps," I said to Harry, who nodded.

We then saw Granddad's eyes open as he pulled the sleeve of his forearm down and cut it with my knife, drawing blood. "Sir!" Harry cried out as the blood started to sizzle as the rok that it fell onto broke into small bits.

"I order to gain passage. Payment must be made, payment intended to weaken any intruder," he said.

"You should have let me, Granddad," I said, as he gave me back the knife.

"Oh, no. Your blood is much more precious than mine," he said. We then went further and found a lake that had mist around it with a small island in the middle that had a green glow coming from it. There was also a boat with a green copper chain. "I believe we have a quicker way to approach there, do we? Y/N, could you summon your dragon?"

"Oh, sure," I said, as I kneeled down onto the ground and made a glyph appear in front of me to summon my dragon. Once she was summoned the three of us had climbed onto her back and then flew over the crashing sea to the island. I found a place to land and then did so.

"In all of my years, never once have I ridden upon a dragon," Granddad said, as we dismounted and I unsummoned the dragon, after giving her a head pat.

"Professor, there are bodies in this lake," Harry said, and when I looked I saw the same thing.

"Yes. Remember... the water," Granddad said, as he went up to the source of the green glow, which was a vessel holding a liquid. He tried to touch it, but could not do so.

"Do you think the Horcrux is in there?" Harry asked.

"Oh, yes," he said, taking the goblet that sat next to it. "It has to be drunk." He then turned to us. "You remember the condition on which I brought you with me?" We both nodded as the went on. "This potion might paralyze me. It might cause me to forget why I'm here. It might create so much pain I beg for relief. You are not to indulge these requests, Harry. It is your job to make sure I keep drinking this potion even if you have to force it down my throat. Understood?"

"Granddad, please let me," I said.

"I cannot, because I am much older, much clever... and much less valuable," he said to the two of us. "Your good health," he toasted to us as he brought the goblet with the liquid in it to his lips and drank it, closing his eyes.

"Professor?" Harry asked, as Granddad didn't answer as he shook his head and continued to drink it down.

"Granddad? Can you hear us?" I asked, as he still did not answer. Instead his eyes twitched and his hands started to tremble, as I got him to sit down onto the ground.