Chapter Thirty-six: The Third Task

Y/N POV

It has been a few months since we saw Sirius. The day prior we had class with Hagrid when we learned about Nifflers. We told us the day before, so Jess and I had brought Barry with us. Other than that, things have gotten worse. With my secret out I have been getting loads of hate mail that were so bad I cannot repeat them. I don't know if Dad was getting them as well. At first I would just throw them into the fire of the Common Room, but as more and more came in I would spend hours at night destroying them all. Hermione saw me one night and helped me. After a few days almost all of the Gryffindors have helped me toss them into the fire not caring who I was each night. It was never talked about that I am the heir of Gryffindor and it seems that Skeeter and these hate mail writers can only see the bad and never the good. "Wait! This one's not that bad. 'Y/N, I hope they lock you up and lose the key you freak.' It's really amazing how people will write anonymous things to you when they don't have the courage to say it to your face," I said before tossing it into the fire.

"You are not a freak," Hermione said, kissing me. The only ones in the room were Harry, Ron, Hermione, Jess, and I so we didn't have to hide our relationship.

"Please tell me that's the last one," I said.

"Of the letters, yes. You have a small box that looks like a gift," Jess said, as I saw it on the table.

I then took it and read the card, "'For Y/N. From a friend.'" I then opened it and found a black quill in the box that had another card that said, "'no ink needed and will dry immediately when used.'"

"That's nice," Jess said

"I wonder if it really works," Ron added.

I then took a piece of the wrapping and wrote on it, 'it's working.' "I guess it does work-Ow!" I exclaimed, dropping the quill, grabbing my right arm, and taking heavy breaths to not pass out from the pain. It felt like it was being deeply scratched.

"What's wrong!?" Hermione asked and the others got closer in case something happened. I took off my robes and saw that my right arm sleeve was covered in blood. When I moved the sleeve it saw a sentence that was carved into my skin making the blood pour out.

 When I moved the sleeve it saw a sentence that was carved into my skin making the blood pour out