Chapter One: Beginnings

Update of the changes: I went in a made the book titles italicized. As they were not before. 

Y/N POV

It was the start to a new day. I had just woken up and remembered what today was. It was the day that dad and I headed into Diagon Ally to get the essentials for the new school year.

You see, we are members of the wizarding world. I am a half-blood, meaning that my parents were also a wizard and a witch, but mom was a half-blood. There are the pure-bloods, like the Malfoys, who were all wizards and there are the muggle-borns, individuals who are chosen to be a part of the wizard world from the "normal world. " My father respects the half-bloods and the muggle borns, unlike the Malfoys, which is why my mother fell in love with him. I do not understand why the Malfoys are so rude and conceding to them.

 I do not understand why the Malfoys are so rude and conceding to them

My father, Bruce L/N, is an only child. He told me that both of his parents have passed away before I was born and that my mother, Brenna L/N, was killed when I was a baby. I try not to really ask about them too much as I do not want to bring up those memories for him and make him remember that they are no longer with us. Don't get me wrong dad has never told me to not bring it up, but I know that it is still hard on him emotionally. Anyway, I make my way downstairs to get some breakfast and see dad reading the paper.

"Morning dad," I say with a yawn.

"Morning kiddo," he reptiles while putting the paper down with a smirk on his face. "This came for you this morning."

He then proceeds to hand me a letter. I take the letter, turn it over and am greeted by the famous red wax seal that was stamped with a H. Smiling myself I open up the letter and read:

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Socr., Chf. Warlock, Supreme, Mugwump, International Confed. Of Wizards)

Dear Mr. L/N,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on the 1st of September. We await your owl by no later than the 31st of July.

Yours Sincerely,

Minerva McGonall

Deputy Headmistress

As if dad read my mind, "Have some breakfast and wash up. Then we can head on out to get your supplies. I'll be out back cutting some more wood for the winter." He then proceeded to head outside. You see dad is a retired Auror, so he now has the time to work on the farm more so then he did before. He occasionally helps them out when they need him, but he is always there when I need him.