Chapter Thirteen: Dueling with a Side of Potions

Y/N POV

It was now the next day and the five of us were in the girls restroom working on the Polyjuice Potion. Harry and I told Ron, Hermione, and Jess about the encounter we had with Dobby the night before. I was thinking about what Dobby said. That I am one of the most powerful wizards of my time, but because of what. Is it because I am the descendant of Lance? I was then pull out of my thoughts as Hemione said, "again? You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?"

"Of course. Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. And now he's taught Draco how to do it," Ron said.

"I don't think it's him," Jess said, "sure he talks big be he doesn't have the guts to actually do anything."

"Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure," Hermione replied.

"Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of a girl's bathroom? Don't you think we'll get caught?" Ron asked.

"From what Hermione has told me no one used this one," I told him.

"Heh... No one ever comes in here," Hermione said.

"That's what I've heard," Jess says, confirming the point.

"Why?" Ron asked.

"Moaning Myrtle," Hermione and Jess said at the same time.

"Who?" Ron asked.

"Moaning Myrtle," they say again.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asked. What is it with him today twenty questions?

"I'm Moaning Myrtle!" A voice that apparently was Myrtle's said right next to me scaring the shit outta me before she revealed herself. "I wouldn't expect you to know me! Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping Moaning Myrtle?" She told us before crying and moving away from us.

"She's a little sensitive," Hermione said.

Timeskip Jess POV

During one of Y/N's study sessions he let us know that tonight there was going to be a dueling club so we could protect ourselves if there is a threat and that he hoped that we would be there. Before we left Y/N that he would be a little late to it as he wanted to get a little more training in. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and myself were speculating who would be teaching us. When we walked into the Great Hall we found that it would be Lockhart. I don't understand why it was not Professor Flitwick as he was a dueling champion. "Gather 'round, gather 'round! Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent!" Lockhart began. "In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions- for full details, see my published works. Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration."

"Actually Professor Lockhart," Snape interrupted, "I have been mentoring a student in duels, so I would like to see how he would perform against you."

"Very well then. Where is your pupil?"

Snape then stepped aside to reveal Y/N making his way to the platform. Many of the students in the crowd gasped in surprise. Lockhart looked a little scared as Y/N was now on the platform. "I have to admit I thought your pupil would be a little older," Lockhart said.

Y/N POV

"Only skill matters, not age," I responded.

"Very true Mr. L/N. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry- you'll still have your fellow student when I'm through with him, never fear." Lockhart said to the crowd. I looked to see Hermione and Jess and gave them saying don't worry I'll be fine. We then met in the middle of the platform and did the customary wand waving and bow. After that we then made our way to our sides of the platform.