Chapter Six: Christmas, Snape's Talk, & The Stone

A/N: Update to make a pov change more clear as I forgot to make it known.

Timeskip Y/N POV

"Knight to E5," Harry said.

It is now Christmas and snow was all over the castle. At this time of the year students could go home to be with their families for the holidays or you could stay at the castle. Harry was staying at the castle. Ron said he was going home, but he hasn't packed yet. Sadly, Hermione was going home, but so was I, so it's not as bad. Still I will miss being with my best friend. I will be leaving the castle the day right after Christmas as dad said the ministry needed him for his input on something. Because of this dad and I have decided to exchange gives then, since it's not too far away. I am mostly packed, I just have a few things since I am going to be here a few more days. We were in the common room and while Harry and Ron were playing wizard's chess, I was watching while cleaning my sword.

"Queen to E5," Ron replied. And with that Ron's queen made its way over to Harry's knight and destroyed it just as Hermione made her way to us.

"That's totally barbaric!" She told us.

"That's wizard chess. I see you've packed," Ron replied.

"See you haven't," she said.

"Change of plans. My parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother, Charlie. He's studying dragons there."

"Good. You can help Harry and Y/N while he's here, then. They're going to be looking for information on Nicholas Flamel."

"We've looked a hundred times! And what do you mean while Y/N is here?"

Being drawn into the conversation I said, "I thought I told you. Dad said that he isn't going to be able to be home for the full time for break, but he will be home on the 26th. So, I am leaving on that day via Floo network."

"Oh. But, we've looked at pretty much every history book here," Ron said.

"Not in the restricted section," she said in a whisper so only the four of us could hear, "Merry Christmas." And then Harry and Ron went back to their game after saying Merry Christmas to her as well.

Before she left to make her way to the great hall I said, "wait right here for one sec. I'll be right back," and I went to the boys dorms and grabbed the gift that I wanted to give to Hermione. I came back down and said, "I wanted to give this to you."

"Thank you Y/N. I would give you your gift, but I haven't wrapped it yet," she replied.

"Mione, don't worry about it. It's the season of giving after all."

"I make sure you get it on the 25th. Merry Christmas Y/N," she said with a smile and then hugged me.

"Merry Christmas Hermione."

Hermione POV

After Y/N gave me my gift I made my way to the great hall where those of us that were going to be going home were gathered so we could then go to the train. And I knew, deep in my heart.

I was going to miss Y/N and I think I am starting to have a crush on him.

Timeskip Y/N POV

I was dreaming. I was older and fighting something, I couldn't tell what it was, but it sure felt like a life or death situation. Before I saw what I was going to do next I was awoken by Ron shouting, "Harry! Y/N! Come on, wake up!" It was too early for this.

As we were getting ready Harry asked, "is he always like this on Christmas?"

"I haven't spent Christmas with the Weasley's in two years, but apparently it is," I said with a laugh, "come on. I can't wait to see what I got you."