Chapter Twenty: Safety and Walking on Air

Jess POV

I have to say that Y/N is lucky right now that he is the swordsman because the replacement for the Fat Lady was not very good, but he liked him and he never had to give him the password to get in. And they are very complex, to the point that Neville had to write them down. The replacement was Sir Cadogen, a rather annoying knight who always picked fights with the other Gryffindors in duels and would consistently change the passwords, well except for Y/N. He has asked him not to do these things and no matter how hard he tries he says that it is his duty to protect the entrance to the dorm. Y/N also asked me if I knew the name Wormtail and I told him that that was the nickname for one of Uncle Remus' friends from the stories he would tell us and that he was the rat.

"Why did you want to know?" I asked him.

"The name was in a dream I had and it was bothering me, since it sounded familiar," he said to me.

Hermione and Y/N have just used their Time Turners to get to DATDA, but Uncle Remus was not there yet. A few moments later the door bursts open to show Professor Snape. A few steps into the classroom, he took out his wand and flicked it towards the windows causing them all to close one by one. He then stood in the front for the room and he pulled down the screen and turned around quickly. "Turn to page... Three-hundred and ninety....four," he told us.

"Excuse me sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asked.

"That's not really your concern is it Potter? Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time. Turn to page 394," Snape harshly said to him. No one opened their books, except Y/N. I will never understand how he can get along with Snape. Snape then turned around and aggressively and flicked his wad to open our books to that page, which read...

Y/N POV

Werewolves? I read to myself. I was a full moon the previous night. I guess Remus had a rough night, but Snape knows! I am going to have to ask him about this after the lesson. Jess, Snape knows that Remus is a werewolf.

What do we do?

For now, nothing I will talk to him about it after the lesson.

"Sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start that for weeks," Hermione said.

"Quiet."

"Did you see them come in? When did they come in?" Ron asked, causing me to smile. This is the best.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference...between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape asked. Jess and I both knew the answer, but we had to act like we knew nothing, so we did not raise our hands while Hermione did. "No one? How disappointing," he said.

"Please, professor. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of it's own kind," Hermione said correctly. Then across the room, Draco howled like a wolf causing a good portion of the Slytherin's to laugh. Blaise, Daphine, and Pansy didn't laugh with them as they were not the 'main' type of the house.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. That's the second time you've spoken out of turn, Ms. Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself or do you take pride in being an insufferable know it all? Five points from Gryffindor." Snape said. I really did want to say something, but I need to make sure that Remus' secret is safe. So I just grabbed her hand and gave it a light squeeze under the desk in reassuring her. "As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk by Monday morning two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with emphasis on recognizing it," he added.