Chapter Fifteen: Secrets Revealed

A/N: I would like to thank @TotalKO123 for being able to bounce ideas off of to see what would work and sounded good.

Y/N POV

"Lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try and get into the Chamber. At least we can tell him what we know," Harry said as we made our way to the DATDA classroom and then his office.

"Bet you five galleons that he is packing to leave Hogwarts right now," I said.

"Agreed," Ron commented.

"I agree too, but I will take the bet to make things interesting," Harry said. We then entered Lockhart's office and saw that he was packing to leave the school. "Are you going somewhere?" Harry asked the professor.

"I knew it," I whispered.

"Uh, ah- well, yes- um, urgent call- unavoidable- got to go," Lockhart stuttered.

"For what? What could be more important than saving someone's life?" I asked. Lockhart only shifted his eyes and opened his mouth to say some lie, but before he did I added, "just as thought."

"What about my sister?!" Ron asked.

"Well, um- as to that, most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I," Lockhart said as he moved around various things into his bags.

"You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! You can't go now!" Ron exclaimed.

"Well- I must say- when I took the job there was nothing in the job description about a," Lockhart started.

"You're running away? After all that stuff you did in your books?" Harry asked cutting him off.

"Books can be misleading!"

"You wrote them!

"My dear boy, do use your common sense! My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things!" Lockhart said, exposing himself.

"Alright, I've had enough of this. You are coming with us into the Chamber of Secret whether you like it or not," I said while pointing my wand at him, "and so god help me if you try anything I will cut you in two!" I then took his wand and placed it in my inner robe pocket so he would not have it. "Now you are going to walk in front of us as I don't trust you to be behind us and not take off."

"I don't know where the chamber is," Lockhart said.

"Obviously," Ron commented.

"We do. And we will tell you when to turn direction. Now walk," I said harshly.

Harry POV

We made our way to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. The only time anyone spoke was when we told Lockhart to turn left or right. When we got there Myrtle was there when she noticed us she said, "Oh! Who's there? Oh! Hello, Harry! Hello, Y/N! Ron. What do you want?"

"To ask you how you died," I said.

"Oh! It was dreadful. It happened right here in this very cubicle. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in," she told us.

"Any chance you know who it was Myrtle?" Y/N asked.

"I don't know. I was Distraught! Huhh-huh...But they said something funny, a kind of made up language. And I realized it was a boy speaking, so I unlocked the door to tell him to go away and... I died," she added.

"Just like that? How?" I asked.

"I just remember seeing a pair of great big yellow eyes...over there, by that sink," she finished and then floated along. Y/N and I then went to look at the sink as Ron had his wand out to keep Lockhart from doing anything. I turned the tap and nothing happened. Y/N then motioned with his eyes to come look at the side of a different tap and I saw a snake symbol on the side of it.