Chapter Forty-one: Dumbledore's Army

Jess POV

The day for the first Hogsmeade trip for this year was right around the corner. Hermione and I were worried for the well being of Y/N, Harry, and the school. For some reason Filch suspected that Harry had ordered Dungbombs when we wrote a letter to Sirius. That means that someone would have been snooping through our mail. We had just come back from Quidditch practice and were talking about it with Hermione after Y/N and I changed. "You, ordering dungbombs? I mean, really," Hermione said.

"We would've had to confiscate them with her being here," Y/N said.

"Whoever tipped Filch off was interested in reading your mail. Harry. I mean, doesn't it seem a little too coincidental that Filch was tipped off when you happened to be sending a message to Sirius?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, that does seem weird. You figure it's Umbridge?" Harry asked.

"No," I said sarcastically.

"Hey, Weasley! Nice job on the field today! You'll be our best player on the pitch!" Crabbe called out.

"Get bent, Crabbe!" Harry yelled back to him.

""No, he's right. I'm useless out there. Complete rubbish," Ron said, "I can't believe than Y/N's better than me and he has one eye. Um, no offense."

"None taken. I'm actually surprised that I haven't lost my skill," he said.

"It's your first practice. Don't worry about it," Harry said, as I took Ron's hand in mine.

"I'm gonna make a fool out of myself," he added.

"You need some confidence, is all," I said as I kissed his cheek. "Well I'm off. Padma said that she'd help with a potions assignment. See you all later," and I then left, while feeling a blush grow on my face.

Y/N POV

"You feel ready for the match, now?" I asked Ron, after Jess kissed him on the cheek. Ron wasn't responding. "Oh, boy," I commented.

Later in the day we were talking about the O.W.L.s. "But I don't know how we're ever going to pass our O.W.L.s in Defense Against the Dark Arts without any practice! That Umbridge is of nasty for what she did you and Harry," Hermione said.

"I get to practice when I have my special lessons with Grandfather, but that's not enough. Lus, he wants me to take them when the winter break is over," I said.

"He does?" Jess asked.

"Yeah, I don't know why," I added.

"Maybe he thinks your ready or if the study sessions come back its so you could go over certain things in more detail," Harry suggested.

"I dunno," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"We've got to do something about her," Hermione said to us.

"Yeah, well. Poison should do the trick," Ron said.

"But what to put it in, so he'd eat it. A drink would be too obvious," I wondered as the others looked at me surprised, "I'm joking."

"I meant her teaching. We're not going to learn anything in that class," Hermione added.

"We do it ourselves," I said.

"Do what?" Ron asked.

"Defense Against the Dark Arts. We'd teach ourselves," I added.

"I don't know," Harry said, as an owl that Ron had recognized and I thought looked familiar.

"Hermes? It's from Percy!" Ron said letting the owl in. He then dropped it and left into the night.

"Read it," Harry said.