Chapter 48: (Second Phase Of The Exams End)

After a little while, Chouji knew at this point his time was up, since he was the only one remaining to face the sound guy. He crouched down on his legs. "I plan to forfeit," Chouji said.

"So that means, You plan to forego all you can eat BBQ, too, then," Asuma said. "What? Come on" Chouji complained. Asuma stepped beside Chouji and got on his knees as he said. "Don't worry Chouji. If things start getting ugly. I will step in and stop the fight for you just like the others did for Hinata. Okay? Prime beef tongues, short ribs… You can eat whatever you want." Asuma concluded.

As soon as Chouji hear the bet on the table. He summoned his courage that was derived from the food menu he had imagined which powered him up to the extent that he started to burn with fighting intent. "OOOOHHHHHH B-B-Q B-B-Q ALL YOU CAN EAT" Chouji shouted while he cheered himself up.

Back on the stage. "Then, the tenth and final round is next, Both contestants come forward!" Hayate announced. Chouji and Dosu both walked towards the center of the stage as they stared at each other. I'm gonna win and have some barbecued beef. Chouji thought. Meanwhile, Dosu thought 'In any case, I need to last until the main tournament and battle Sasuke. Or I will not have met your expectations Orochimaru-sama. I can almost see through it. We were the guinea pigs to measure Sasuke's abilities during the examinations. What you wanted isn't Sasuke's life but Sasuke himself. I was also taken for a fool '

Hayate looked towards the two and then looked towards the center again, as he raised his hand.

"Now, let the tenth round begin." Shikamaru yelled. "Do your best Fatso" Ino added. 'THE NERVE FOR HER TO CALL ME THAT.' "DAMN IT!"

"Those two better watch out I'll end this match quickly and turn you into mincemeat!" Chouji spoke in anger. "Then let's not play around. I'll finish you off quickly" Chouji said.

"Mr.Fatso." Dosu said in a respectful voice. Chouji couldn't let the comment slide by. "You bandaged cuc.u.mber roll!" Choji called and thought 'I know his Achilles heel all too well from my last battle with him. Those holes in his arm emit a pulsing sound, so' Chouji joined his fingers. 'Ninja Art - Expansion Jutsu'Chouji body along with his clothes expanded into a Giant ball.

"Followed by the Hidden Leaf-style Taijutsu" Chouji withdrew his limbs one by one after which, Chakra started to flow out like a jet.

'All I have to do is to prevent him from aiming at my ears' Coouji thought. 'Human Boulder Jutsu'

"Hooray for the big-boned people" Chouji shouted as he rolled his way over towards Dosu.

'What kind of funny technique is this? Moreover Hidden Leaf-style? Is there a clan that has this kind of jutsu as their base?' Dosu thought as he kept jumping back, avoiding the giant rolling Chouji while slowly guiding him towards the wall.

Chouji rolled his way over, only to hit the wall. Dosu succeeded in his plans and jumped towards Chouji. "The way you are. You can barely move, can you?" He then raised his right hand where his sound tool was located on.

"That's where I attack!" Dosu announced as he landed on the ground near Chouji and thrust his left hand straight into Chouji's clothes, finally making contact with Chouji's body. "It's no use; I'm wearing earplugs," Chouji said in a muffled voice. 'Like that's going to help you, fatso' Dosu laughed in his mind as he said. "No, this is the end!"

He then tapped the sound generating tool using his left hand which created minor sound waves that sent ripples across Chouji's body finally incapacitating him. Chouji then landed on the ground, with his eyes in spirals like a fainted Pokémon. "The human body is made up of 70% water and water is able to transmit sound waves. In other words, your whole body is like one big ear." Dosu concluded after he defeated Chouji.

'Cough Cough' "The winner is, Kinuta Dosu!" Hayate Announced.

'Orochimaru-sama…..No, Orochimaru…I'll have you know that I'm more than a mere guinea pig.' Dosu thought in his mind as he walked away.

Meanwhile, the medics arrived near Chouji. I-I want to eat meat" Chouji blurted pitifully. "Oh man. The sound guy went easy on him, too…" Shikamaru sulked. "It's Alright. Although he lost, the least we could do is take him for some BBQ beef." Asuma comforted Shikamaru.

'Cough Cough' "It's finally over" Hayate felt relieved as he announced. "All the ten Genins who have passed the second stage, please assemble here!" Hayate said as he pointed to the battle floor in front of him. "With this, the preliminaries for the third exam is completed. To everyone who has advanced to the Final Round of the third stage of the Chuunin Exams. CONGRATULATIONS! I will now hand over to the Third Hokage" Hayate concluded and left the stage.

---END---