Chapter 30:(Chunin Exams)

At the Hokage's office, A very serious meeting was going on. The Hokage sat at the center of the room with his crystal ball while being surrounded by the joins. "I assume you already understand, based on the faces you can see around." "So it's already that time." Kakashi commented "The other lands have already been notified, right? I've seen them here and there in the village" Asuma said."And when will it be?." Kurenai asked."IN ONE WEEK." Hiruzen replied. "That's very sudden," Kakashi said.

Hiruzen let out smoke after taking out his smoke pipe. "Now. I will make the formal announcement. Seven days from today On the first day of July, the chuunin Exam will begin!" Hiruzen announced."Now then, in conjunction with beginning the Chuunin Exam, Let us first have those in charge of the rookie genins come forward." Hiruzen said upon which Kakashi, Kurenai, and Asuma walked out.

"Kakashi, Kurenai, and Asuma. So? Are there any genins from your squads, you would wish to recommend for these exams?" asked Hiruzen." It goes without saying, but if it's a Genin who has carried out eight or more formal missions, you can recommend them for the exams if you wish."

"Well. As a general rule, having carried more than twice the amount of missions is more appropriate." Hiruzen continued. Meanwhile, Iruka thought 'There's no need to hear this….. It's too soon for them.' "Then you first Kakashi." Hiruzen motioned for Kakashi to speak.

"Squad 7 led by Hatake Kakashi, Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke, and Haruno Sakura. I Hatake Kakashi, recommend these three for Chuunin Exam."

"Squad 8 led by Yuhi Kurenai. Hyuuga Hinata, Inuzuka Kiba, And Aburame Shino. I Yuhi Kurenai, recommend these three for Chuunin Exam."

"Squad 10 led by Sarutobi Asuma. Yamanaka Ino, Nara Shikamaru, and Akimichi Chouji.I Sarutobi Asuma, recommend these three for Chuunin Exam."

"Huh," Iruka was surprised. "I don't agree" Maito Gai stepped up. "I had my team skip out the chuunin exam last year, and trained them hard for a whole year, I feel that all of the nine rookies lack the ability to participate in this exam." "Gai," Kakashi turned towards Gai right now. "Just because your students were weak to attend the previous exam, doesn't give you the right to point out my students. I was six years younger than them, when I became a chuunin and three years younger to become a jounin," he said.

"Kakashi." Gai stared bitterly. "Wait a minute!" Iruka shouted. "What is it? Iruka?" Hiruzen asked.

"Lord Hokage, This may be presumptuous, but I agree with what Gai-sensei had said about the nine rookies" "The nine names that were submitted just now, I was in charge of them, not long ago in the academy. Admittedly they are all students with ability, but it's too soon…!"

"They should be tested after having gained more experience!" Iruka complained trying to protect his ex-students. "I understand your point Iruka. Therefore, I have decided to conduct a special preliminary exam for these rookie Genins." Hiruzen said. "P-Preliminary Exam?" Iruka asked.

Back at the Village Streets,

Sakura turned towards Me, "What do you think those guys from the other village were doing here?" she asked. "They are probably here for the chunin exams". I replied and we walked towards the training ground. "He's late again!" Naruto said looking at the stream flowing under the bridge.

"If anything, it's always those lame excuses" Sakura commented. "Say! Say! Say. Why is that he's the only one who, calls us out, and then makes us wait?" Sakura complained.

"Well, We are his subordinates Sakura," I said. "Sasuke is right Sakura" Naruto also supported. "What is he going to do about the feelings of a maiden who accidentally overslept and resigned herself to no blow drying?" "Hahaha" I laughed and Sakura glared at me.

"Good morning guys, I came across a white cat, so I played along with it until a black cat came across so. I had to walk the long way around and"

"Yeah Right! That's a lie" Naruto and Sakura glared at Kakashi. "Ahem!" Kakashi coughed after he landed on the bridge. "This is sudden, but I recommenced you guys for the chuunin Exam, so." Kakashi takes out three papers from his pocket. "Here, These are your applications. That being said, the recommendations are not compulsory. You guys are free to decide whether you take the Exam or not." He added.

We looked at the papers. "Only Those who want to take the Exam, sign that application and come to room 301 of the Academy at 3:00 pm. Five days from now." Kakashi said as he flickered away. "Chuunin Exam." Naruto grinned. Sakura asked, "What do we do? do we attend the exams?". I looked at her and said "Of course Sakura. We are more than ready. Meet me at the Uchiha compound tomorrow morning. We need to plan some things." They both nodded and went their ways.

Later that evening, the preliminary exams had begun, and as expected all the squads had passed the exam securing their spot to enter the chuunin exam. The preliminary exams were nothing. Iruka disguised as Sakura and approached Naruto, to try to attack him. Naruto recognized him and asked, "Iruka sensei, Why are you disguised as Sakura?". Iruka stood there watching the changes in Naruto for a while and then asked. "Ahem! How were you able to tell Naruto?" Naruto grinned and said, "I sensed your chakra Iruka sensei". Iruka was surprised and happy seeing Naruto's growth. All rookies were tested similarly.

---END---