Chapter 33: (Chunin Exams Start)

The following day, I woke up early, got ready, and went towards the academy. Naruto and Sakura also turned up in front of the academy. I turned towards Sakura and said "Sakura, you're late"

"Yeah Sorry," she said as she looked apologetically. "Let's go," Naruto said as we departed for the 3rd floor.

On one of the floors, there were a lot of people waiting to watch a pitiful beat down of a boy in a green suit. "So are you sure you're going to attempt taking the chuunin Exam with that skill? Maybe it would be for the best if you runts quit. You're green assed rats after all" The two men who were blocking the door commented one after another.

"Please let us through" a girl in pink stepped in.

"That's mean" One of the guys at the back of the crowd commented. "Listen! We're being nice to you. The Chuunin Exam is a high hurdle. Many times we have seen people quit being Ninja as well as people being crippled for life just because they took the exam." One of the men at the door explained.

"Also, a chuunin is at the level of a unit leader. Mission failures, death of subordinates, its all part of the responsibilities of a leader. A brat such as this as Chuunin? What's so bad about weeding out those who won't pass anyway?" The other person blocking the way said.

At this moment, Naruto & Sakura entered the floor, but I waited at the staircase and said "Where are you guys going? This is the second floor."

"What?" Everyone was surprised while the two men at the door unraveled their genjutsu, changing the door sign back to No. 201.

Tenten lifted Lee while Neji walked towards me. "Hey, you there. What's your name?" He asked. "Uchiha Sasuke" I replied without even seeing him. "You are a rookie, right? How old are you?" Neji then asked. "You haven't introduced yourself yet, aren't you being a bit rude? When asking someone his name, give your name first." I said.

Neji's expression almost twisted as he said. "I am the previous rookie No.1, my name is Hyuuga Neji. So how old are you?" Neji continued. "I am not obliged to answer," I said with a smile and started to walk away, but one of the guards moved to strike me. I knew that lee would interfere so I just stood there.

Just as I thought Lee who was being smacked around earlier stepped in between them, catching their feet he looked at the stunned ninja and let out a breath of air when Neji asked. "Lee, I thought you said we were gonna hide our true strength." Lee wiped the blood off his face and stared at Sakura for a second, "but" he started to blush a little like the girl from earlier came up and said, "here we go again." Neji sighed as well as he turned to the girl and said, "Tenten I don't think we can stop him."

Lee walked over to Sakura and smiled while saying, "your Sakura Haruno right? I'm Rock Lee." placing his hand up to his face he gave thumbs-up as he smiled and asked, "would you like to go out with me? I'll protect you with my life!" I just stood there not saying anything. sakura replied from behind me, "no way I like Sasuke." and we walked away.

After all of us moved away, the guards who were standing behind the door, undid their transformation technique to reveal themselves as experienced 20-year-old chains. "We got some good talent this year." the man with the bandage over his nose smiled as his partner nodded his head while saying, "looks like we'll get to watch an amusing show for this exam."

lee told his group "go ahead without me, I'll catch up later." after he turned his eyes to us as he jumped down off the railing, landing in front of the stairs he placed his hand forward and said, "I don't think you have what it takes to protect Sakura, I challenge you to a fight".

Sakura's face paled and Naruto laughed. I looked at him and smiled before saying "Rock Lee, I know you want to test yourself, but are you sure you want to face me?" Lee took his stance and said, "Sure, bring it on".

Then he disappeared and reappeared in front of me, his body was position beneath me and his hand slapped the ground as he was ready to kick, I raised his foot and met lee's attack before he could gain any momentum. Our feet clashed together making lee change his stance, he spun on his back and let out his foot to attempt a low kick. I jumped over him while grabbing his shirt, then threw him away as I landed on my feet. lee landed on the wall and leaped from it making a small hole in the wooden surface, his body arched back as he called out, "Soaring Leaf Kick." I placed my hand out and caught lee's foot and said "Is that all?"

lee twisted his body and tried to shake off my grasp, but before he could make any headway, lee felt the world start to spin. I held him with one arm and spun him around and threw him across the room. He hit the wall making another dent on the wall. At this time Naruto said, "Let's go It's getting late and he is too weak to fight you Sasuke."

Lee stood up, dusted himself, and started undoing his bandages. At this time, Gai came down and reprimanded lee. Seeing this scene, I walked to Naruto & Sakura and said "Let'sssssIt'IIIt'st time". and we walked up the stairs to the third floor. In front of Room 301, Kakashi stood waiting.

"I see Sakura, you've come, too. Now, you can formally register for the chuunin exam," he said. "What do you mean?" Sakura asked. "Actually from the start of the chuunin exams, only three-man squads could apply and take the exams," he answered. "But Sensei, you said that the decision to take the exams was up to the individuals," she asked.

"Yes I did," Kakashi said as he stared out of the windows by the side and spoke. "Sasuke and Naruto would probably convince you to take it. Even if you didn't have the will to apply, If Sasuke had asked you, you would have attempted to take the exams half-heartedly. For Sasuke's sake and Naruto's sake as well".

"What if only Naruto and Sasuke had come here?" Sakura asked."I would have stopped the Exam here" Kakashi said. "I wouldn't have felt like letting them go beyond this point," Kakashi said as he looked towards Naruto and Sasuke. "But.. you guys came here of your own will. Sakura!, Naruto! And Sasuke!. I'm glad you came. You're a team that I'm proud of. Now then, go on" Kakashi said as he stepped away from the door.

"Okay, let's do this guys" Naruto announced as we walked past the doors. Inside, "W-What's with this? There is soo many of them. Could it be that they're all applicants? " Sakura asked as she stared at the room fulnnnnuns