Chapter 24: (Inari)

Back at Tazuna's house

"You haven't left yet?" Inari asked upon seeing Naruto "I'm a hero, who's gonna become the no.1 Hokage someday in the Future. This Gato or Sato whoever he is, I'm not worried about those guys at all " Naruto said looking at Inari. "A hero? Ridiculous, there is no such thing. If you don't want to die, better hurry up and go home" Inari said as he ran to his room. Naruto did not mind as he sat down to have breakfast with the others.

"We are all going to the forest for training" Kakashi announced at the breakfast table. After finishing we went to the forest. Kakashi then turned towards us and said "We are going to do tree climbing without hands". Naruto, Sakura, and I nodded to each other tacitly as we raced to the top, leaving Kakashi at the bottom.

"But I wanted to" Kakashi stared at the three of us in Disbelief and suggested "How about walking over water?" Naruto spoke at this moment "Kakashi sensei, We already know about chakra control. Sakura thought of us as she always had good control and learns medical jutsus. How about you teach us some cool jutsus?" Kakashi contemplated for a movement and said "Let's go to the bridge and guard Tazuna".

Naruto looked at me. I knew Kakashi will not teach us any jutsus so I nodded and the three of us went to the bridge. At the bridge "Got a minute, Tazuna" a man walked over to Tazuna. "What is it Giichi?" Tazuna asked. "Regarding the building of this bridge, um will you let me quit?" Giichi asked. "Why so suddenly? Not you too?" Tazuna interrupted in fear of losing his workforce. "If we continue working on this bridge, Gato will set his sights on us, too. And if you get killed, everything would be lost" Giichi then approached closer and he asked, "Why don't you just stop building the bridge?"

"Not a chance" Tazuna replied stubbornly."This is our bridge, a bridge that everyone in this town has built, believing that it would generate distribution and transportation for this land that has few resources" Giichi hesitated and spoke, "But if it goes so far as to take our lives". "It's already Afternoon, Let's call it a day!" Tazuna said as he started to leave. "Tazuna!" Giichi called out to which Tazuna turned back as he said "Giichi…. You don't have to come back tomorrow." Then he walked back home. All four of us followed him back to his home. Lunch was ready.

"This is fun" "It has been a long time since we've had a meal with this many people" Tazuna commented as he was happy having a large group eat together with him. "Excuse me, why is there a torn picture hanging here? Inari was looking at this all through dinner, this torn part looks like someone who was deliberately torn off, that's the feeling I get" Sakura commented.

Kakashi at this moment wanted to facepalm himself, to Sakura's stupidity, but also looked expectantly for an answer. Inari's mom who was busy in the kitchen said "It's my husband."

"He's a man who was once called a hero of this town." Tazuna continued. Inari got off the chair and left silently, not wanting to be reminded of his foster father's tragic story. "Inari Where are you going?" Tsunami asked, despite which Inari slammed the door as he went completely ignoring his mother. "Father!, I'm always telling you not to talk about that person in front of Inari!" She said angrily as she ran after Inari.

Tazuna was upset, wanting to almost cry out. "What happened with Inari?" Sakura inquired. "It appears there's some kind of good reason." Kakashi interpreted. "Inari had a father not related by blood. It was like they were real father and son, who got along well. Back then, Inari was a child who laughed all the time However " Tazuna was in tears, as he started to cry while he continued "Inari had changed ever since that incident with his father. The word bravery was eternally taken from the people of this island and Inari." Tazuna said.

"That incident? What happened to Inari?" Kakashi inquired curiously. "To explain the incident, I must first tell you about the man who was called the hero of this land," Tazuna said "Hero?." Kakashi interrupted but Tazuna continued "It was around three years ago " Tazuna started to recount all the experiences Inari and the village went through, of course, I already knew about it, but I still listened.

"Ever since then, Inari has changed….as well as Tsunami….and the townspeople….." Tazuna finished in a disheartening manner. Naruto thought back to what Inari said ("Hero? That's just stupid. There's no such thing!") He also thought back to how Inari went to his room and cried as he looked towards the sea.

Naruto got up with a burning resolve. "Where are you going?" Sakura asked. "I'll prove it," Naruto said as he grabbed the door handle. "Prove what?" Sakura asked. "I'll prove that there are heroes in this world," Naruto said as he walked out the door. I smiled and followed him saying "I got this" and left following Naruto into the forest.

----END----