# "お誕生日" ⤷ scaramouche

❝ happy birthday, you fool ❞

 selected route ; お誕生日 (birthday)

. selected route ; お誕生日 (birthday)

scaramouche / balladeer (kunikuzushi) . wanderer

. scenario - (a spin-off of my scaramouche fic, to the left of elysian) in which your fiancé, scaramouche, hosts a birthday celebration for you

. music - blue hour : txt

tw. none

( a few things to note if you haven't read my fic:
— you're the director of a multi-million mora trading company
— you're engaged to scaramouche
— and you are now 21 in this one shot. in the story, you are 20 but i will change that as chapters come out)

.

GLITTERING CHANDELIERS CAUGHT your attention as you sauntered into the grand ballroom of Zaploynary Palace. Your eyes wandered over the intricate decor, glossing over the many crystal glasses full of aged red liquor and sparkling champagne that were placed atop lace tablecloth. On top of the table, a number of sweets were plated on tiers of silver; maracons, cupcakes, biscuits, and more. All were made by the best pastry chefs from Fontaine. The wine and champagne imported in from Mondstadt.

Chatter erupted amongst the guests as they excitedly gossiped with one another. Men drank heavily, greedily consuming the wine and sweets in delight. The women whispered hearsay to one another, bragging about their wealth or sharing rumors about the other women present at the party. Many of the guests are wealthy merchants or business tycoon owners from all over Teyvat— some were close friends of your adoptive father. They all greeted you with drunken smiles and babbling nonsense as you passed with your fiancé in arm.

"Rather exorbitant, don't you think?" You peered over at (hatless) your fiancé who stared in boredom at the many drunkards before him.

"It's your birthday. Of course it needs to be extravagant." Scaramouche deflected, holding onto you rather tightly as a group of young heirs attempted to charm you with charismatic smiles. He glared at them, causing the group to scatter once your fiancé had made it clear that he was not going to tolerate any flirtatious advances towards you.

"Scaramouche," you scolded in a hush, shaking your head at your fiancé. "Be nice. They might be future business partners!"

"Future partners, my ass. They're practically undressing you with their gaze." Scaramouche scoffed, rolling his eyes at you. Heat rushed to your cheeks, flushed from his brazen choice of words. You coughed awkwardly, turning to hide your darkening cheeks from him.