10.5

| Valencio |

Kissing Milan felt good. It felt right. His lips were soft and gentle and sweet and this close to his face, I could see all his freckles in full glory. His body fit perfectly between mine and I liked having his body pressed so closely against me. Of course, Minnow had to come in and ruin the moment. She'd get used to him soon though and once she did, hopefully she wouldn't interrupt if me and my boy were being intimate again.

"I thought I would have initiated our first kiss if I'm being completely honest." I didn't think Milan would have been the one to do it and definitely not so soon. I liked that he took the initiative though because it let me know that he liked me, and I very much liked him too.

"Well, I'm full of surprises aren't I," he said with a smirk before he kissed me again, but just another peck too quick for Minnow to stop. "I'm not sure we can kiss properly again around this one though." He pointed at Minnow who perched on my shoulder and occasionally rubbed her head against my neck affectionately. I loved when she did this, but Milan was right. For now, we couldn't do much in front of my princess because she doesn't know Milan enough to trust him yet.

"No. Not until she gets used to you anyway."

"Well, she'll be seeing a lot of me from now on. I may ask to come over just to see her."

"I should be upset by that but it's honestly very understandable."

Milan giggled and smiled at me. "Did you make this room all for her?"

"Yeah. I wanted her to have something to herself where she could feel comfortable and well cared for."

Milan nodded and turned around in my arms so that his back was now pressed against my chest. He was staring at the paintings on the wall of all the different birds and telling me how much he liked them. He liked one in particular of a parrot that looked more like the variation of parrots that most people knew with its green and red feathers. When I looked down at him as he talked, I noticed he had a little tattoo behind his right ear. It was just the letter 'L' in small font and I wondered who it must have been for but I didn't know if it would be wise to ask or not. I went with the safer option and left it alone. I could ask another time.

"I really want to paint a bird now," Milan told me. "Maybe I could paint Minnow?"

"I would love that," I said softly next to his ear as I leant down a little. "I've been looking for something to go in my office, but I haven't the right piece yet. A painting of Minnow would be perfect if you'd let me have it?"

"Oh, yeah sure! But you'll have to give me a while then because if you're gonna put it in your office and stare at it often I need to make it perfect."

"I'm sure it will be beautiful once you're done with it."

"We'll see. We'll see," Milan repeated. "Can I have something to drink please? My mouth is really dry."

"Yeah, come on," I said as we moved away from the sofa. Then, I began guiding him to the kitchen to have his pick of beverages.

"Oh, Minnow gets to come too?" Minnow was currently still on my shoulder coming with us.

"She's not always in the bird room you know," I chuckled.

"Will she sit on my shoulder too or does she not like me for stealing you away?" Milan questioned with a cheeky smirk.

"Minnow, you wanna sit on Milan?" I questioned of my pet still perched on my shoulder as I patted Milan's own shoulder with two of my fingers. "Go on."

"MILAN! MIL!" Minnow squawked Milan's name loudly a few times but wouldn't fly to his shoulder even though I kept encouraging her to.

"Looks like she doesn't quite like you just yet," I explained to which my baby boy pouted. "Just give her some time. I promise she will like you soon." I rubbed his pout away with my fingers and then grabbed his hand and walked him the rest of the way to the kitchen.

I had a separate dining room for formal dinners but I also had a dining table in my large open planned kitchen where I would eat casually. The table was long and made up of a grey toned wood with black leather chairs all around it, enough to seat at least six people. I sat Milan down at one of these chairs where I watched him trace patterns onto the surface of the wood with his index finger. He looked so beautiful, his features something I believed to be painted by angels.

I was stood next to the chair and I placed my hand behind his head and leant down to give him another kiss. Minnow didn't stop us and when I pulled away, he was looking up at me with his mouth slightly parted and his eyes sparkling.

"What would you like to drink?" I asked.

"Just some water would be fine. Thank you," he said as I started walking away and got a bottle of cool water from the fridge.

I don't know what happened in the short distance I walked to get him his bottle, but when I turned around, he was staring at something on the kitchen island. He sat still and unmoving and when I got closer to him and knelt down on the floor before him to ask what was wrong, he started hyperventilating as if he couldn't breathe and there were tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"Hey," I said softly. "It's okay. You're okay. Just breathe with me." I started breathing in and out slowly and very obviously and made him copy me with every intake and outtake of air. It took a while and I had to bring him outside through the patio doors and into the fresh air to finally get him to calm down and breathe properly again. I think he just had a panic attack, but I couldn't tell what had given him one. I would need to ask so that I could get rid of whatever the trigger was, but I didn't want to bring it up again while he was still fragile.

My poor baby boy. He looked so defeated right now.

~~~~~~~~~

Poor baby :(

What do you think happened?

vote and comment

🤍💜🤍