Chapter 23

Y/n's POV
It's been another month and it's finally december. Christmas was just around the corner.

And so was Dumbledores office.

I turn the corner and whisper 'sherbert lemons' to a gryffin statue and stairs appear and I start going up them.

Professor mcgonagall made it very clear he wanted to see me after my classes. "Professor?" I say opening his door.

"Ahh, y/n. Tea my dear?" Dumbledore asked Calmly.

"No thank you sir. I was wondering what you needed of me?"

"Well I wanted to discuss your parent situation" Dumbledore said glumly sitting his tea cup on his desk.

I walk up the steps and sat at a chair in front of his desk. "What about my parents? Do I get to meet them? That would be amazing" I said excitedly.

"Miss l/n, you will not be meeting your parents"

My heart stopped for a minute. I won't be meeting my parents. "Why not?"

"Cause you don't have any" Dumbledore said getting up and walking to a vanity.

"Everyone has parents" I say laughing akwardly.

"I know young one, but you never knew your parents. No one did, except for me" Dumbledore said putting a vial of liquid into the vanity.

"Why wouldn't I remember that? That I never had a family? And why do you know them and I don't?!" I said raising my voice a little standing up and walking to dumbledore.

"Shhh, and look" he said, putting his finger to his lips. I look down at the vanity to see black fog in the water.

"Professor..." I say but he lightly pushes my head forward into he water and I was sucked into something.

Third Person
Dumbledore walked down the gravel road with his umbrella up to avoid the horrible raining.

A girl about the age of 11 sat at a desk in the study room, drawing stick men. Her ears perk up as she sense someone behind her.

She looked up to see a old wrinkly lady. "Come on y/n, there's someone who wants to talk to you back in your room" she says quite harshly.

Y/n walked with the lady to her room. The lady who y/n knew has Mrs Crackleworth left the the girl at her door, as she had to go look out for the trouble making boys.

Young Y/n gulped as she griped the door knob. She was quite small for her age, just smaller than regular door knob height.

There sat on her bed was a old man looking at her drawings. The little girl gaped as she snatched the drawings back.

She wasn't allowed to have these types of things in her room. One of the stupid rules of Mrs Crackleworth's she didn't follow.

"Nice drawings" Dumbledore said. Y/n tried her hardest not to look at the man straight in the eye, scared he might hurt her.

"T-t-thank you sir" y/n says and stuffs the drawings back in a box that was tucked away under her bed which was oddly now on her bed open.

"You went through my stuff?" The young girl said. Dumbledore chuckled.

"I remember this room, use to belong to a boy" Dumbledore said. The girl was now intrigued and sat on a old wooden chair that was randomly sat in the room.

"Was his name Tom? Tom Riddle?"

Dumbledore looked at the girl shocked. The young girl looked innocent as she stared up at the old man with a curious face.

"Yes, yes his name was Tom Riddle, how'd you know?"

"Well, The old lady's around the orphanage kept saying I was just like a Boy named tom riddle, and at the time I was sharing with the other girls. But then once we were at a circus in town, a snake attacked a boy when he was bulling me. Some people say I was talking to the snake, but they're just talking baloney. Then the old lady Mrs Crackleworth's put me here and her words were harsh when she said that I reminded her of tom riddle" the girl Explained.

Dumbledore gulped down as the girls innocent e/c eyes shine with fear. "Anyways, enough about me, why are you here?" Y/n said and all her fear turned into seriousness.

Dumbledore continued to tell y/n about the fascinating Wizarding world that she was now apart of. "- Take this, it as everything you need for your first year" dumbledore said as two large drunks of things appear down below them.

One of the big cases had y/n l/n written in gold fancy writing.

"Thank you sir" young y/n said hugging the man.

"I'll see you at hogwarts" dumbledore said and walked out of the room but before he could go the young girl stoped him.

"One thing! Did you ever know my parents?" Young y/n asked. Dumbledore looked glumly at the girl.

"My dear, your parents were the greatest students of their time, but they're magic could not predict their future.... Or yours"
The words confused y/n but Dumbledore just smiled at her and left.

Young y/n frowned then went to her room and opened the box again, to reveal her snake locket she found in a wooden floor board of her room.

"I'm finally getting out of this place!"

Y/n's POV
I look back up at Dumbledore. He had a saddened look on his face.

"My parents were wizards?" I asked. Dumbledore nodded. "And their d-d-" I couldn't get it out of my mouth.

"I'm sorry my dear. I believe dinner has started and your friends are getting worried." Dumbledore said. I nodded and walked towards the door.

"Oh and Miss l/n" I turn to dumbledore.

"You'll be staying at the Potter house hold over Christmas" dumbledore said. I nodded and walked to the great hall.

I entered through the large doors and my Slytherins look at me relieved. I walk over to them and sat between Regulus and Edmund.

"Where were you love?" Regulus said grabbing my hand.

"In dumbledores office"

"Oooo l/n's in trouble" Kyle said and a few girls snicker.

"The only trouble I would be in with dumbledore is if I throw you to the centaurs" I say annoyed. Kyle and the girls look taken back then scared abd turn back their food.

"Woah, someone's grumpier than normal" Malcolm said and I looked up as glared at him tilting my head to the side a bit. He shut up immediately.

"Oh, you do not know what grumpy is" Edmund said. I turn my glare on him and he shutted up.

The black sisters snicker at their uneasyness of my glare.

"Ok I think it's bed time" Regulus said grabbing my arm. "Good, I'm not in the mood to eat" I say walking away.

"Woah love, calm down. What did the old man day now?"

"He didn't say anything, it's what he showed me" I said.

We made it back to Slytherin common room but before I go into m dorm room Regulus drags me to his.

Tomorrow better be a better day....

~Done!~