Goodbye

Frank ran into the hospital as quick as he could before running towards Franks room.

His worst nightmare is about to come true.

"Baby" Gerard whispered as he walked into the room, Frank smiled weakly up at Gerard "hey babe" he whispered as he caressed the smaller mans face.

Frank smiled sadly and kissed Gerard's palm softly "Gerard, please hold me" he whispered.

Gerard's nods his head, holding back the tears as he leant down to hold his husband in his arms, Frank weakly wrapped his arms around Gerard's shoulders.

"I think it's time" Frank whispered, Gerard tensed "no Frankie, no don't go" he whimpered as the tears started to fall.

Frank sniffles "I want you to move on, g-get married, become an artist like you always talked about, please don't give up" he whispered.

Gerard shook his head "I don't wanna get married again, you're my true love, I refuse to get married again" he whimpered out.

Frank smiled at the words "well promise me you'll adopt like we always wanted" he whispered, Gerard pulled back and held Franks hands tightly "please don't go Frankie, don't leave me behind, I love you"

Frank sighed as he head felt heavier "I love you too babe, please kiss me, one last time"

Gerard leaned forward and pressed his lips pressed against Franks for the very last time, his arms fall limp over Gerard's shoulders.

Gerard pulled his lips away from Franks as he looked down at his husband to see his eyes closed and his lips slightly parted.

Gerard started to sob as he held Frank close "come back Frank, don't go" he cried out loudly, Franks limp arms fell making Gerard choke on his sobs.

Gerard desperately pulled Franks arms back around his shoulder "no Frankie, no no no" he cried out grabbing the attention of some passing nurses.

Gerard clung to Franks body "I am sorry for your loss Mr Way" a nurse said as she put her hand on his shoulder "but now that you're single, do you wanna go on a date"

Gerard turned to the nurse and looked her up and down with disgust "I have just lost my husband, my high school sweetheart, the love of my fucking life and you have the audacity to ask that question, you disgust me"

The nurse huffed and left the room, Gerard turned back to Frank and bites his shaking lip "goodbye Frankie, no one will ever replace you, you are the love of my life" he whispered before kissing his husbands forehead before leaving the room.

He informed another nurse about what happened and went to Mikey's.

It was 1 am when Gerard started ringing the doorbell as he sobbed silently, the door opened slowly revealing Pete and Mikey, Gerard had woke them up.

"Gerard what are you doing here, don't you know what time it is" Mikey said angrily but Pete put his hand on Mikey's shoulder "what happened Gerard" he asked worriedly.

Gerard sniffles as he sobbed harder "my Frankie's dead"

Mikey gasped softly and turned to Pete "oh my god" he whispered before pulling Gerard into a tight hug "I'm so sorry Gerard, you can have the spare room tonight if you want" Pete said as he rubbed Gerard's back softly.

Gerard whimpered "I dunno if I'll be able to sleep, I could barely sleep while Frank was in the hospital, never mind now that he's dead, I'll never be able to sleep the same again, not without my Frank laying next to me" he whimpered out.

Mikey took Gerard through to the living room "would you like something to drink" Pete asks.

Gerard sniffles "do you have whisky" he asked desperately, Mikey scoffed "as if we'd give you whisky while you're this emotional"

Gerard grunts "I am 37 years old, I can drink if I want so ether you give me alcohol here or I'll just go home and drink"

Mikey sighed and goes through to the kitchen to grab 3 glasses and whisky.

Mikey pours them all a whisky and held his hand up "to Frankie, he will always be in our hearts" he said before him and Pete took a sip.

Gerard sniffles "to Frankie" he mumbled before drinking all his whisky in one.