Narcissa Malfoy

There was a knock of the door and I jumped

  "It's ok it's my mum"
Draco went and answered the door

  "Can I come in?" She asked gently

Draco looked at me and I nodded

He opened the door to his mum and she walked in slowly
She moved so gracefully and quiet, she's beautiful if I'm being honest

She put her hand on Draco's shoulder and then went up to me and pulled me in for a hug

I wasn't expecting this

I cried more
I haven't felt a motherly hug since Christmas and I really needed one right now

She rubbed my back as I cried onto her shoulder

  "I'm so sorry about Sirius deary" she continued to rub my back "he was very kind and loved you fiercely"

She brought me to the extra bed that Draco conjured up and held my hand
  "When you were born, I visited you with Draco. Bellatrix and your father never got along growing up, so I didn't spend too much time with him. But as we aged I appreciated his company, Andromeda was closest to him though" she rubbed my hand "I met you once when you were younger just that first day, I wanted you and Draco to be close growing up but I had to hide that. Lucius was loyal to the dark lord and I had no choice but to be loyal back. I had Draco to protect" she looked to him and he walked over to his closet "your father was brave, and the strongest person I know. He took on the Black hatred and never faltered from what he believed in...he died doing what he promised to do the day you were born. He fought for you to the very end and I'm so sorry that it had to be so soon" she looked at my ring "can I hold onto that for you? I promise it's not to keep, I don't want a death eater getting their hands on it and selling it. It was your mother's wasn't it?"

I nodded

  "I promise it will be safe with me, I put all of my most valuable items in an enchanted box that only I can access, your bracelet and wand went in that box too"

  "Why are you being so kind to me?" I asked after I was done sobbing

  "I'm a mother, and seeing you come into my house the way you did hurt me deeply...and I don't want you feeling alone here. I will do whatever I can to make you comfortable and safe, until you aren't here anymore" she looked to Draco "did you find something for her to change into?"

He came out of his closet with a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt
"It gets cold in this house, so I thought a sweatshirt would be best, I have shorts if you prefer?"

I shook my head no
"That's fine thank you for finding those for me" he walked over to me and placed them on my temporary bed

"I will shop tomorrow for a few outfits for you to have, I wouldn't want you to be stuck in oversized clothing your entire time here...and the dark lord will be coming by tomorrow night you will need an appropriate outfit"

My whole body tensed

"What is his plan for me?" I asked shaking

"You have some of his power, he either wants to use you to his advantage or..." she trailed off

I heard Draco swear

She pulled me in for another hug
"We will get you out of this mess I promise"

"Why would you put your neck on the line for me...?"

"Your family, and one day I hope our family can be close again...now" Narcissa said "you have these wounds on your neck that look deep, do you mind if I help you clean those? We can go to the bathroom and do it there, you can bathe too"

"Yes please"

She helped steady me while we walked to the bathroom, Draco left the room but I heard the door lock behind him

"Draco locked us in for safety, while you're here stick with him. He won't let any of them hurt you again" she helped me sit down on the toilet

She grabbed her wand and a medical kit appeared in the sink, I jumped a little

"I'm sorry dear...I didn't mean to startle you" she grabbed a light colored potion and a towel from under the sink
She then walked over to me, kneeled down and started applying the potion to my neck

"I know Draco wanted to be close when we were growing up...but why weren't we? I know my dad and Lucius were on opposing sides but you seem different from Bellatrix...you are on the same side but you don't seem to want to be"

She sighed
"I married for love at one point in my life, but people change. Lucius became obsessed with the dark lord and did whatever he could to please him, I did what I had to do to protect my son. I stayed with him only for that reason, you weren't close because I couldn't risk anyone finding out about our time together. Draco asked about you when he first went to Hogwarts, he said he wanted to be your friend and Lucius slapped him across the face" she stopped applying the potion momentarily, but then continued "he told him he needed to focus on being Harry's friend not some 'disowned Black's friend' but all Draco ever wanted was someone to hangout with. He wanted a sibling so desperately, he envies the Weasleys" I stared at her shocked "he wouldn't ever say it out loud, but he does. They're blessed with so many siblings, while he has none of his own"

She finished applying the potion and it sucked into my body almost instantly
"Can I check the rest of you to see if you need this anywhere else?"
I nodded

After she applied the potion to the rest of my body she motioned for the bath
"Draco is downstairs, he's giving you space to get clean. I can either stay with you here, or stay downstairs whichever you prefer"

I stopped taking off my clothes
"P-please don't leave me" I sobbed out

She held me get my torn clothing off, and helped me into the bath
The water was warm and smelt like jasmine
The bath was big enough for Hagrid, and warm enough to soothe anyone to sleep
But not me, I can't imagine falling asleep tonight...or ever. Every time I close my eyes I see my dad's paled face after he transformed back.
I shook my head and Narcissa looked at me curiously

"Can you tell me more stories about my dad?" I choked out