Jailbird

Skye's POV

I stare at the clock counting down the seconds before class is dismissed. I have been fortunate to not have another run in with Grayson, although, a part of me wondered how he would react if he saw me too. Baxter's words stuck, is Grayson someone I could trust? And if not, why does it feel like I can?

With my mind distracted on that, the bell rings, meaning we could all leave. I had to at least make an appearance at school considering I do want to achieve something out of all the years I've had to comply with the system.

What better way to spend an entirely free afternoon than visit a psychopath in prison?

~~~

A loud buzzing alarm echoed aggressively through the room which is cold and creepy, it's not like I expected a prison so be a welcoming home.

I walk to the door an officer had instructed me to. Lorenzo's creepy smirk that makes me want to cut it off his face is the first thing my eyes land on. His hands are chained to the table and he doesn't look pleased but, he's a showman. He also looks like he's seen better days, I fear to think the amount of people he's pissed off are inmates. It's odd though, he looks too put together for prison but weirdly, he looks as if he fits in.

A standing guard awaits for my dismissal, this isn't the usual routine but, me being me, I got a private room.

My serious poker face takes over as I take a seat.

"Ahh" he exclaims like he's made some sort of discovery "I was wondering when they'd send you"

I smirk "By them I assume you mean Wolfie and Red"

"Whom else would I be talking about?"

I raise my eyebrows at his point "Truth be told, they don't even know I'm here"

He leans back in shock, his eyes wider than I've seen before "WOW, the famous X rebelling against the pack"

"Well, it's not I have to answer to them" I say not moving an inch

"Are implying you have gone stag?" he laughs to himself "or should I say lone wolf" I roll my eyes at his word play "I've always said you are the smart one. It makes sense really"

"Yeah, I got that when I was informed you've rejected any visits except mine"

He shrugs his shoulders making the metal cuffs clang "What can I say, you're my favourite. Plus, they were starting to piss me off. But you can relate to that"

I lean closer daggering him "I didn't come here to bad mouth my family"

"Then why did you come?" his voice has a small trace of sarcasm

"Because I want information, and you know a lot more than everyone thinks. But, you don't have me fooled, I've known you too long and too well"

He chuckles "History is hardly a solid point X. Why would I tell you anything?"

"Well, considering I know you've previous said you know nothing I've already made progress" that's not entirely true, all I heard was he wouldn't talk not that he didn't know anything. However, by the frustrated face he is wearing I'd say I'm correct.

"Fine" he groans "I'm pissed at Arthur so, I'll make you a deal"

I lean forward and say calmly "I don't do deals with anyone. Especially not you!"

He smirks "Then I don't talk"

"What makes you think I can't make you talk? See I can walk out of this door, but you can't. I will make your life a living hell, I'm a women with many connections"