20 Poetry

You woke up earlier than yesterday since you had to go to school and you didn't want to be late again. Although you didn't wake up early enough to be able to eat breakfast with the team without rushing to the main door where Peter was waiting for you.

"Ready for your second day?" He asked

"Yeah," You said yawning.

You got in the same car with the same driver who drove you yesterday, and the mall day.

"I have a feeling we'll see each other a lot, what's your name?" You said sitting in the backseat with Peter.

"I'm Happy," He replied

"Yeah, I'm happy too! What's your name?" You asked again smiling.

"His name is Happy, y/n," Peter said with a smile on his face. Happy sighed.

"Oh- Sorry," You apologized.

"Hurry up, or you'll be late. Again," Happy said after a few minutes of awkward silence.

Both of you went to class almost running and arrived exactly at the same moment the bell rang.

"Morning class," Another teacher said entering the class, you sat next to Peter, and the class began.

-

"Good afternoon, lady," Thor said once you finished school and arrived home.

"Call me lady again, I dare you," You said smiling. Then you hugged. Even tho he now lived in the same building as you, you didn't talk a lot. A lot of things changed and now you were focused on other stuff other than Thor.

"Someone is waiting for you on the roof, y/n," Thor said smiling. You looked at him confused but nodded, "It's an important meeting so it's best if you dress elegant,"

"I'll be there in a few minutes," You said walking to your room. You didn't know who this person was but you were definitely not showing up with the pink t-shirt and short pants you were wearing for school, you needed to dress formally, so you put on one of your favorites black long dresses you had.

You were walking to the elevator when you heard Sam whistling to you.

"You look gorgeous! You're going on a date?" He asked, "I'm quite jealous," He smiled

"Haha, so funny Sam. No, I'm not going on a date," You smiled back while entering the elevator.

You stepped out of the elevator and went on the roof. It had rose petals everywhere. It was really great decorated, too romantic for your taste but it wasn't TOO romantic if that makes sense. There was a table prepared for two. You sighed.

"Loki," You said turning around to see him standing a few millimeters away from your face, holding a rose, "Not giving up, huh?"

"Not in my plans, darling," He replied giving you the red rose, you grabbed it and he lead you to the table. You took a deep breath and followed him.

"You're going to school now, right?" He asked, "Great, now It sounds more illegal than it should," He murmured

You laughed, "I'm already 18 and you're the same age as I am," You replied eating the toast in front of you.

"I am. In Asgardian years," He replied.

After a few seconds of silence, you decided to mess everything up because that's what you do best.

"Loki," You said standing up, he did the same, "Let's skip this whole romantic dinner, we're eating toast, Loki. Toast," You smiled.

"Hey! I tried to cook!" He exclaimed.

"What are you suggesting, y/n?" He asked walking towards you.

"I suggest we do something more... fun," You smirked.

"You want me to read poetry to you, don't you?" He asked smiling.

"Just like old times," You begged smiling.

Loki has always loved poetry, you didn't really like it (you just didn't understand it) but you loved hearing him read it to you with his low soft voice.

Both of you went to Loki's room. It was a dark green room, quite big to be honest. It had a gigantic gold bookshelf with lots of books. You could see all the Harry Potter books on his night table.

He approached the bookshelf and grabbed a book called 'One hundred love sonnets' while you laid on his bed making yourself comfortable.

"This one is one of your favorites, am I wrong?" Loki said smirking while laying next to you.

You incorporated yourself so your head was on his chest and you could hear his heartbeat, his hands slowly stroked your hair. Your breathing and his were coordinated. He opened the book and started reading.

"I don't love you as if you were the salt-rose, topaz

or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:

I love you as certain dark things are loved,

secretly, between the shadow and the soul." He read with his soft voice.

You didn't understand anything about poetry but the sound of it was lovely.

"I love you as the plant that doesn't bloom and carries

hidden within itself the light of those flowers,

and thanks to your love, darkly in my body

lives the dense fragrance that rises from the earth.

His soft hands stroking your y/h/c hair. Your eyes were slowly closing.

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where,

I love you simply, without problems or pride:

I love you in this way because I don't know any other way of loving "

Your eyes were closing while his hands stroked carefully your hair.

"but this, in which there is no I or you,

so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand,

so intimate that when I fall asleep it is your eyes that close."

He kissed your hair before you fell asleep with a smile on your face while he stroked your hair and whispered goodnight in your ears.

Author's note:

I don't know anything about poetry but the sound of it IS really romantic and we all know Loki likes to read so yeah.... heheh sorry y'all were waiting for some smut or a kiss but don't worry it'll come soon :)