🌊WISH 18🌊

I concentrated as I poured aura into the wooden box. The sudden flow made me gasp at the familiar feeling. It is like the first time when Hesthus forged my powers with the sword Soma.

It's like the energy from the wood, flowed through my body. And my body is responding lightly comfortable at the familiarity.

Both Linden and I watched how the box glowed blue with crystal mist - intensifying the patterns engraved in it. Then with a soft click, four corners of the box fell down, revealing a small blue ball that is floating.

My hands retracted as the ball exploded. Making me close my eyes from the sudden blinding light. And when I open them back, I found myself back in a place where I was a while ago ... Hesthus's shop.

But only different ... The place does not look old and abandoned anymore. It was as how I remember the place.

I found Linden beside me, who looks around curiously at our sudden teleportation.

I see Herpman or should I say Tima disguise as the little boy sitting in one corner on a long wooden bench-like thingy swaying his err her head, while Hesthus chanted a merry song.

My mouth gasp slightly open and my heart jumped when I saw Miles. The young Miles I have known.

He's silk shirt, trousers and face is smeared with coal and dirt, while he drags a box filled with metals towards Hesthus. I swear if any of those maids saw the state of the cloth, they would definitely freak out. I am afraid I have never seen Miles this dirty before. He was always spotless clean from the bottom to the top.

Now, was an exception.

"Miles!" I called in excitement. He didn't look around.

And I realize what is going on. Hah crap! Stupid of me ... Of course this is not happening now. Twenty and four years have passed, and this Miles in front of me looks young, well honestly only slightly older as I last saw him. These are memories.

Linden was silent all along, realizing what it is too.

"Oh young boy! You are so sloppy!" a familiar old-tall, white-bearded man's earthly chuckle was heard. As his tone also shows a hint of amusement - Rasta. He stride down towards Miles as he push effortlessly making the box slide easily and faster to the forger.

Miles scratch his head, before wiping his sweaty forehead with his hand, making the dirt smear more. Nevertheless, he beamed at the old man "You can't blame a noble's muscle who had never done such hard work! ---- But I am learning!" he puffed proudly as he raise his hand in a muscle man position, showing his not so muscle-built triceps and biceps.

Hesthus laughed at his remark as he smiled. "Don't go picking in the boy Rasta"

"I wasn't" Rasta hummed as he grinned.

"Hey, shouldn't you be at Wyvern? you're gonna be the new Head of the House. Why aren't you preparing there?" I turned my head at the next voice ... it was Soma.

Miles shrugged as he proceeded to lift the metals one by one to the rack where good metals will be selected by Hesthus himself. "House Wyvern has a lot of hands, it won't limp them in their preparation if a pair of hand went missing"

"Except that the hands missing is the most important person in that event. You should be off scrubbing your skin spotless clean for the ceremony, not smearing it with coal and dirt"

Miles smiled. "A quick bath after this would do" then he proceeded with his work. I notice how his eyes spoke different to his smile though.

"Hey Soma" Tima err Herpman. Well still Tima called out to the boy, as he err she --- crap ... you know what, if Tima is in Herpman's form let's call it a he. Man, this is so weird!

So Herpman tap the side of the wood he's sitting in. Soma grunted but walked sloppily towards the prime sword. Just as he sat down, everything in the background evaporated except for the both of them. Making them the center of attraction.

"Go easy on the boy" Herpman softly said looking somewhere. Well I bet it was on Miles, but since the memory evaporated the scene, it was like he was looking out of nowhere.

"I get it why you are agitated by him." Herpman smiled softly, as he paused

"You pity the boy don't you?" by that, Soma's jaw clenched tight, as he look down, feeling guilty.

"Among the others, he was the one who's most scarred by Mistletoe's disappearance." my heart felt like it was squeezed hearing those words from Prime.

My poor brother ....

"I know you Soma, I know soul, the one with a selfless pure heart. You may look tough, but you're hurt for him, you're broken for the boy" I saw drops of water fell down Soma's palms that's tuck on his thighs - just then I realized it was tears. I couldn't help but shed them too.

"I can't tell him can I? I can't keep him waiting ... I can feel her coming back, but what if she'll come back when he's long pass away? If I tell him there is a chance that Mistleote's coming back, he would live his whole life expecting for it. I can't break that into him. So all I could do is to keep him in the dark, and watch him broken, while he try to distract himself with forging of all things." Soma choked as he tried to take deep breaths several times.

He lift his hands to wipe the tears away as he turned to look at Herpman. "Are you not agitated by him? Hesthus seems to find peace in the boy"

Herpman smiled softly, as he sighed.

"Hesthus already lived long enough. I can't blame him if he wanted to rest. If he finds peace in the boy, then so be it, I will miss Hesthus, but I can also see the boy taking his steps - of someone who has been deep pain, but still manages to move their body and work, refusing to bend their knees into depression. Such strong mentality"

"What will happen to Hesthus?" Soma curiously asked.

"I have talked with Rasta. He agreed to give him a new beginning of a new life"

"Will he remember everything?

"Probably no..."

Soma sighed, as Herpman looked at the boy baffled. "What's wrong?"

"I can feel a storm brewing out of restless vengeful souls, Not now, but it's near..." Soma said then the scene disappeared.

Next thing I know was Linden tugging me, and pointing somewhere far. A blazing red light and smokes came out ... and a house ...

Wyvern's House!