🌊WISH 17🌊

He brushed off my weird statement as he smiled. "You like nite-kaleidoscope?"

My eyes instantly shone and my mouth watered. Gosh! I have been longing for this taste! It's plain then sour, then bitter, then sweet, and then at later parts a mixture of tastes that will blow up in your mouth! Ugh! Where can you find this NK's taste on Earth?! It was really some frustrating years for me.

"Yes! indeed my favorite delicacy!" I admitted as memories of me sneaking out the House Wyvern just to buy these good stuffs.

Even stealing the heroine's (Shanna) physical identity as a disguise! and name! just modified a little. Ha! Ha!

"Can you spare a time to go inside?" He asked. His composure suddenly turned. From the hot welcoming guy who beams at his customers, to a guy who will tackle about a serious business.

The tree princesses painted their face in confusion. I am confuse as well at the sudden change, but seeing his seriousness, there must be something. And my desire to quench this curiosity surpasses my confusion.

"Can the girls come with me?" I replied back with equal seriousness.

He seemed to hesitate for a moment before answering back. "It is up to you, but then if ever. I will be limited. It will not be convenient for me"

I looked at him amazed by his words. A great way to not directly refuse the three girls and hurt their feelings. But in the end stating that it is better if I come alone. I nodded understandingly.

"If that is so. I will come alone" then I turn to the girls

"wait for me..." I didn't give them a chance to reply. Even if I extended seconds they wouldn't reply, no words can still surface their minds for them to ask. They are just plain confused right now, and they know, one way to erase this is to let me go.

So, they let me go without a word.

In the second place, they seem to be fond of this Linden. So I don't think something bad will happen. And helllooo, we're in the middle of the town with a lot of people! I don't believe that the crime has the face to make a show.

After stepping in a room. I heard a familiar incantation, then an invisible barrier was formed. The same incantation Hesthus used when he first told me about him being the sentinel of the ancient swords.

My curiosity doubled. How does this guy, a sweet vendor knows this incantation?

Then he looks around, and when he was sure himself the barrier was effective he opened his mouth. "Please sit down" pointing to the pillow on a floor, more like a traditional Japanese style whatever I see in movies. Well sorry, my house is modern. So I am not really familiar with this stuff.

I followed his instruction as I watch him walking towards a shelf and seems to be finding something.

"I am Linden and I am an orphan" then he frowns for a moment. --- "I don't have any memories about parents though..." he lowly murmured to himself before he continued in his usual tone.

"Grandmother Hanna took custody of me when she found me in the old abandoned shop of the former town forger Hesthus Scarbinger." now this is interesting, we're getting into something.

His hands caught on a wooden box, as he turned and stride towards me, and sat across. Placing the box in the table between us.

"She was able to find me since a young man told him to go look to the building. As if this man knew I was there, and knows that the old lady would took me in." he paused as he sighed looking to me.

"I am confuse as well. This information has only been passed on to me." He admitted.

"But before grandmother died, she made very clear instructions, and she handed me this box" his eyes cast down the wooden box. That is not really that big. Maybe the size of my palms.

"That I will give this to a lady who's fate is to come back, she calls her grandmama. Who loves the nite-kaleidoscope, and uses the same name as hers, but is not really the name." He stopped again, having a hard time delivering the next statements.

He don't know how to arrange and ask it.

"Were you the crown princess and legendary hero Mistletoe Wyvern?" I wasn't able to hide my shock with my facial expressions. Revealing the truth even I would not answer.

"Yes. Yes I was" I made some noise though. I did not dare hide anything and just spoken out the truth. Let's just say my guts told me to do so.

His confusion started to grow. "I don't understand..."

He sighs as he pushes the box with his fingers towards me. "I have read about you in the books. I can't understand how a dead would be raise to life. But grandmother said. Everything will be explained if this will be opened. Including my true identity. At first I find it unbelievable, but a little hope still lingers in me. So I have waited for long for this girl to come back."

I have notice the words he used. 'This girl' instead of you. This implements that he is not sure himself if I was really the girl her grandmother was referring.

"You're not sure if it's me. What if someone else had this box?" I tried. But before he was able to respond, I asked a second question that has not been clear to me. "And why didn't you just open the box?"

He smiled sheepishly and admitted. "Believe me. With my curiosity I tried. Grandmother also admitted she tried, but both results are the same. The box wouldn't budge open. There was even no opening or what, but there's a pattern on the box. There is even faint aura in it. An aura that is not common. And I understood directly. That the only person who can open this. Is the only intended person the sender gave this."

"Where did grandmama got this?"

"From the guy who went to see her to look at the abandoned building..." he looked around as his head moved closer as if to hide a very serious information, his tone even shifted lower.

"Miles Wyvern"

I almost jumped in surprise as my heart thud with many mixed emotions hearing brother's name

Miles!

He really didn't die!