Chapter 47

Her body was stiff, weak, dull, pale and aching in pain. The trails of deep wounds carved on her neck burned her neck in a horrifying manner. She couldn't even almost felt the pain itself as it was so intense, tears pour out from her eyes. Fluttering her eyes as she gained her consciousness and her stomach clenched in hunger. She felt so famished, she wants blood and she wants to be filled with it.

She couldn't see her surroundings well, her sight was blurry and her mind was hazy. Taking a sniff in the air, and the man sitting at her side on a chair beside the bed.

She grabbed his neck and forcibly pushed him on the mattress. Making no hesitation on taking a meal from him as he lay there with no sign of resistance. His blood was so warm and filling yo her absolute hunger. Tears made of blood streak at her cheeks more as she coughed. Choking on the blood as her neck felt strangled. She shrieked in pain and dropped on the bed.

Her breathing slowed down eventually after throwing out the blood she just consumed. Feeling a warm hand on her cheek as she could hear him call for help. Placing her gently on bed as he cupped his bitten neck. People began to enter but she couldn't understand what they were saying. Falling back into her deep sleep as the pain subdued.

"What happened?! " Laylana asked in worry as she glanced at her brother's bloodied neck and Maria squirming in pain.

"She tried to feed from me, I didn't stopped her but then she threw up the blood she just consumed." Said Cole as Atticus checked over the bandages surrounding Maria's neck in a color of dark red.

"Cole, the wound is getting worse by the hour. It's been four days, we need to wake Avery up. Perhaps his blood can sustain Maria's health,  she can't go on like this. " said Atticus as she cleaned Maria's face covered in Cole's and her own.

"I don't know if I can trust him... " Cole grumbled as he gave Basile a cold glare. Being defensive and protective towards his mate and son. Especially if it was Damian's brother giving them a hand. His wife deceived and betrayed them all! 

Two days ago,  the proud King of Lust arrived at their gates demanding to see the Prince. Cautious yet surprised,  they had welcomed the King who had carried a small child at his arms. Judging by the child's youthful looks and Atticus with Lilith's reaction. It was the young Prince's sleeping body. Basile suggested to wake the sleeping child to aid Maria's health back into shape.  Cole would hurriedly agree but it was hard to trust the man who is related and married to those who betrayed Maria. He was informed with him divorcing his wife and banished her into the mortal world with no power.

Out with no choice as he glanced at Maria's weak tiny frame. He sighed in frustration and cursed as his dad patted his back.

"Maria and I had been together for far more longer than you had with her. My domain ages faster as you may observed from Lilith's age. FOURTEEN YEARS..in my domain but two years in this realm. I shielded her away from my brother, cared for her, treated her well! I have been deceived as well but GIVE ME A BIT OF TRUST! I'm not that stupid! " Basile growled as he marched outside the door all annoyed.

"I can't even save her... I just want to do things for her and not depend from others." the young prince cried as he felt hopeless and his father tried to comfort him.

"Cole, I know how bad you felt right now. I know her past relationship with Basile pains you the most but let him help you both out. " said Charles as Lilith walked towards Cole and held his hand as she embraced the old teddy bear Maria adored so much.

"Alright... Alright, I'll go wake your brother up. " he wiped off his tears and followed Basile's scent. Staying at the guest room, he knocked on the door and apologize for how he treated the willing King that wanted to help them. He grew blindly with rage of jealously knowing how his mate used to have a relationship with Basile. Though the King reassured him that he only had good intentions for Maria besides being sexually attracted to her. There was a reason,  first his nature, second for his own source of power and food,  lastly their contract.