Chapter 46

The young princess wept over her own overwhelming emotions. She couldn't believed that her mother would make a deal like that with her elder half brother. She felt sold over, yet she knew how terrible her mother would had felt taking over that decision. Her mother said it was for Avery and her protection yet look at her now. A messy girl with hair sticking out everywhere, unbrushed and her dress stained with tears and a bit of dirt.

She couldn't face her own mother,she never really saw her mother after that night. The servants were silent and stoic when she asks them about the Queen's whereabouts. Though she wasn't dumb, she knew how mad the King was. He embarrassed her tremendously at the party after refusing to show him her sons. Especially his future successor, Basile too hadn't spoke at her after that. She heard that he had divorced his wife,the little princess was left all alone at the palace. Apparently her little companion who was Sigmund was locked up somewhere with her mother. Cleaning herself up as she wore a comfortable Pink cotton dress. It had both of her arms covered and her skirt was down to her ankles. Braiding her hair as she wore a pair of white shoes. Taking a stroll towards the castle with the servants giving her an odd look or either looked away.

Taking a small glance at where she last her mother, the could remember her last words. The promises she made and her advice towards who to trust and follow. People who would protect her if she failed her. She grew a whole new kind of fear towards the King, seeing her mother being treated like that. Lilith never saw Basile treating her mother like that, chained to the floor.  Watched over for hours with a King who has a chaotic mind. What broke her heart more was Czarina betraying her mother's trust. They were so close together, they were like sisters with a mother and daughter relationship. She loved Czarina, she was like her second mother. She never knew that... She would turn her back towards them with a cold shoulder.

Everything her mother did was for her and her siblings yet...

"Where are you taking away my little brothers crib?" She asked the servants as she noticed the young Prince's things, clothes and toys were being taken away from the room.

"My princess, it is better if you stay at your room and avoid the things that are unnecessary. " the servant spoke with a bow.

"I see, may I asked how my mother is then?"

"Your ladyship, do not make it harder for your mother's behalf. The king is not in a good mood. " The servant spoke in a small and fearful voice,  afraid that her superiors would hear.

Lilith grew frustrated,  always the last one to know. Being treated like a stupid baby! She knew she was young but she was more mature and wiser than her own mother apparently. At least that was what her father told her, Maria never really enjoyed her teenager years. That shift made her unbalanced and unsettling at her own peace of mind. Without that proper transaction of character development as a human. She had difficulty at managing herself and her work.

Humming in annoyance she found her elder brother James creeping over her Mother's old room. Yet the place was empty and no Maria will ever be found there.

"Kuya James can we talk? " she startled James with confusion over getting caught.

"Oh hello Lilith, you're growing well. " he smiled with cautious eyes looking upon the surroundings.

"Thank you but have you seen mama? " she asked.

"No I haven't, Lilith I don't think it's a good idea to mention your mother loudly especially if the King is mad. " Repeating what the servant had told her before.

"But.. It's been days. " her voice was small and worried. She never saw her mother nor anyone she really knew at the palace.

"I know but you better behave and stay away from trouble. Your mother wouldn't want you misbehaving towards King Damian's rules and flamboyant etiquettes." He calmly replied, noticing her teary eyes. Her lips quiver in worry and tears slipped away as her fingers played with each other.