Chapter 29

ATTENTION: There was an error earlier and got Chapter 27&28 all mixed up. Please read Chapter 28 if confused,  this notice is only for the readers reading today at 12/26/20, thank you and happy readings 😘.
*********************************

The young princess and the Queen's companion didn't knew how to act around the New Maria or the King's dead wife.

It wasn't Maria at all!  Damian called it out as a miracle as he wept in joy something Lilith was disgusted off. He had her welcomed at his bed and castle straight away with no suspicion. Lilith tried to talk off to the new Queen that perhaps it was her mother acting like Xuehua. Yet the Queen didn't knew who she was and only spoke that she know her as the daughter of the fourth wife who happens to look exactly like her.

Lilith wasn't happy at all, in fact she was devastated. Where was her mother?!  She ran off and cried as the Xuehua tried to chase her off but was stopped by Damian.

As for Laylana, it was awkward enough that she needs to accompany the new Queen or meant to be originally. Xuehua didn't knew much about the new world but was fascinated and curious about it though Damian had Basile away from his previous oriental wife. Sigmund barked and snarled at Xuehua as the princess yelped, Laylana feared they no longer had Maria and had perished the night of the flames. She felt breaking down in tears thinking the last words she could hear from her friend was wishing she would die. Atticus continued to check on the babe that Xuehua had to carry though the Princess was more happy to carry a child at her womb again.

Laylana and Lilith soon after didn't see Xuehua anymore as Damian had occupied much time with his true love than running his kingdom that was in pieces. Lilith felt alone in despair, her mother would know what to do, what would her mother do? If her mother was here, that woman would cry yet happily leave the castle.

But...

What about the crown?

If Damian is too busy about it then she needs to do something to protect her and the people she cared for. Like her new friend who is openly vulnerable to her father now that her mother is gone. She wanted to mourn but she felt the burden on her shoulders to carry on her mother's wishes.

If her mother was here, she would have start a war and she will.

"Laylana, I need you to help me but with Father as well. This is for my family and yours and for everyone's sake. " Lilith spoke with confidence and determination as Laylana smiled sadly at the young princess.

As for Damian, he was having the time of his life. His Gongzhu Xuehua was alive and back at his arms again. He had gifted her with the most beautiful and finest Manchurian dresses and hair pins he could have his talented seamstress and jewelry makers make.

His Queen giggled and smiled at glee, it was like back then when they were so happy together. He brought her back to the palace she grew up with, which she was surprised it was now opened to the public's eye something forbidden back then.  She saw her people's triumph and set backs, wars, calamity, fallen kings and changes through globalization changed her cultures traditions and beliefs greatly. Xuehua cried at the mention of her father that perished long before her, who was succeeded by one of her brothers. Only to discover that her marriage to Damian had her forgotten by her people's history as a traitorous daughter. She didn't minded being forgotten as long as she knew she was loved and adored by her family and husband greatly.

"My beloved Xuehua, would you like to see the world with me? " he asked with his eyes clearing out from the smoking greys of his longing years. Trying to comfort her sadness.

"Just like you promised? " she smiled with tears at her eyes.

"I always keep my promises to you, I will love and cherish you forever my snowflake. " Damian smiled as he kissed his wife's temple and traveled alongside with her. He brought her to places he promised to have, the tower of Pisa which he used to make jokes to Xuehua that the workers got tired working on it , it slouched down. Some penguins and koalas she get to cuddle and hold. The pyramids of Giza which she tremendously jumped in glee as she admired the hard work and splendor on building such a large piece of history. Something like the walls of China she grew up to wonder at. For weeks they toured around as he showed her, everything he could think she'll love to see,  touch and experience with him.