Chapter 16

A month had past,  Maria was near in due. She was growing nervous with the child she carries if she gives birth to a girl. The girl would suffer and die just like Laylana and if a boy?  He'll be a werewolf with Damian's curse in the Anderson's bloodline for generation she feared for the child's safety.

Looking at herself in the mirror,  her stomach had bloated out in her pregnancy though it was much more bigger than her early pregnancies.

The dress' buttons felt like popping out with her growing baby. It was a cotton dress in pink, much more of a sleeping attire than what the court wants her to wear. It had long sleeves and she wanted some of her breasts popped in a lovely way but not too much.

She laughed at it

She laughed at it. How many more dresses would be made and not used anymore. If this baby keeps on growing she's afraid she might have to wear Damian's shirt! 

Checking her calendar she notice a red marker circled on a date. Just a few more days and it was Laylana's birthday. She already had the perfect gift, when they used to be young. Laylana always told her she wanted a pet,  not the typical cat and dog but a lil piglet.

She made the decision to bought two little piglets. Though she only needed one for Laylana she feared the pig will be lonely. So she bought another one for Atticus so it'll be a pair. Both a male and a female,  they were a bred of charmed pigs. She knows how stressful it was when she was training as a Queen and all of the things that happened.

They weren't normal piglets,  they were enchanted raised by Fairies that were blessed to live as long as their masters. They had the ability to calm down their masters and make their opponents fall asleep.

All they do is eat,  be fat and be adorable and be loved.

"What a great life you have piggys. " Maria yawned and fed them. Petting one of them until the due date,  she was interrupted by a knock.

A servant just informed her that a hybrid was brought upon the court called by the King and the Council.

Shocked she bolted down hurriedly to the court as the servant chased his mistress. The doors opened and she saw Laylana bowing her head in fear as Damian had an intense glare at the hybrid. She looked at her surroundings,  the court members were all present. Everyone was present,  King Charles was here with his men and his Son with burning eyes towards Damian.

Laylana was on her knees and Atticus was chained on a chair beside Damian.

"What is going on?! " she asked to Damian with a cold voice.

"Nothing my Queen. " her husband quickly spatted and looked at her throne where she supposedly seats. She then made her way and sat quietly.

"You are not dressed for the occasion. Though this does not concern you. " Damian whispered. As his wife's hair was not brushed and sticking out everywhere though he didn't mind, it mostly suited her with her curls framing her youthful face.

She glared at Damian and remained silent.

"Let us continue! "

"King Charles you have disobeyed a law made by the Vampire King, it is only right to punish you and have your hybrid exiled! " the messenger said with disgust.

"She's my daughter! That only child I had with my mate!  It is only fair the King of Vampires would be punished for he killed my wife! " King Charles snarled.

"You have dishonored your father and fathers, the woman who disgraced your blood have killed our King's Beloved and Child. The law is sacred only our King can bend it, though clearly your daughter will die. Why not execute her? "

"My lords please I beg you!  Released my beloved and let me take her place! " Atticus cried. 

"Dr. Williams we highly respect you for what you did for our queen but the hybrid must be put to sleep, she will die either way. "

"My king I have done everything for you, I helped you so many countless times. Please spare and have mercy on my beloved! " the vampire begged.

"You're wife killed my beloved and child because of her mouth I lost them both! This hybrid will only bring chaos if she lives! I have heard from my own brother than not even her father or my wife can control this beast almost!" Flames flared from Damian's nose. This was getting out of hand,  she feared her husband would kill her friend at sight.

Atticus looked at Maria with pleading eyes, she looked away in defeat. His eyes pains her,  she only wishes them happiness but how she bend Damian's law.

"It is decided!  The hybrid will die tomorrow morning! " Damian roared as Charles wanted to leapt into action and kill him. Cole hold his father back and slowly retreated.

"This means war King Damian, have my daughter killed and I will tear your kingdom apart! " said King Charles.

"I like to see you try,  your brother hasn't given a single scratch at my walls and yours?! " Damian chuckled.

"Pathetic Mutt... " Damian grinned as the wolves exited. Maria looked at Laylana breathing heavily with a metal mask on half if her face. It was drugging her out and making her weak. Atticus was crying in anguish as if all hope was gone.

She felt her nose bled and Damian looked at her in horror. She couldn't understand why she felt drowsy and weak.

It was just all too much. Falling down at her seat as Damian caught her with worried eyes,  she felt suffocated and lost consciousness.