Chapter 44

Regaining consciousness as she opened her eyes. Covered in her own dried blood and the people she killed with Damian's dried blood on her hands. She breathe slowly and lightly as a feather all bare at his bed with him. Trying to stand up as she fell on the ground, unbelievably weak and sore from last night and Damian's punishment she walked and crawled towards her room. The king didn't care, she knew Damian was aware of her leaving his room. Her servants cowered in fear and ran away in fear of being killed by their Queen. Yet one stood up and helped her take a bath and changed her clothes. She heard the servant gasped when seeing her neck and wept as she lightly washed away the dried blood.

"Madame Victoria... " she smiled as her vision and sense of smell was low than it's capability.

"Are you hungry my Queen? " the servant asked. She shook her head and looked at the room, the room where Damian took her over from the first night she arrived three years ago. Her jewelry glimmered at it's shelves with her clothes,  shoes and gowns stored in neatly.

"Did Sigmund and Atticus got out? " she asked. The servant nodded with a smile.

"My daughter? "

"I haven't seen the princess,but I know King Basile will protect her. " the old woman patted her back as Maria looked down at her hands.

"Talvir?"

"Phillip came back without a child at his hands, we all have presumed the worse. " the woman shook her head as Maria sighed and stood up carefully.

"Help me wear a cloak. I want to get out of here... " she spoke so sadly at her words as Madame Victoria nodded and had a red thick cloak over Maria's back and shoulders. Giving her a pair or boots as she helped her walk at the halls towards the castle's huge doors.

 Giving her a pair or boots as she helped her walk at the halls towards the castle's huge doors

It was already open with snow pouring outside like rain.

"You know very well that I will find you eventually. " said Damian behind her as she turned to face him.

"You wouldn't find me anymore... "

"You will become a traitor with the greatest treason I could bestow. Guarantee to sleep for all eternity. But if you stay, we can love each other for us long as we want too." He tried to persuade her.

"There is no love between us, only hatred, turmoil and suffering. I would rather die as a free woman...see my beloved one last time. You never changed Damian... You are really you're own father. " those were the last words Damian heard from Maria as she left the castle all by herself. Struggling to even walk at the snow, he closed the doors as the Queen held over a pair of the moonstone earring Cole gave her. It is said that a pair of moonstones would shine brightly if they are brought together again.

For hours she walked until Sigmund came running towards her in glee. She hugged her dog and kissed it's templed and ride on his back towards a cabin in the woods. Away from Damian's territory and Kingdom, it was away and far. The earring glowed brightly as she knocked on the door, wolves appeared on the area with three huge men towering over the door as it opens.

"Have you've seen my boy? He has brown hair and green glasz eyes. " she asked with a tired voice. Ignoring the burning sensational and pain all over her body.

The other man moved away as another man peeked at outside the door. She meet eye to eye with her beloved as she smiled and collapsed on the ground. Cole immediately ran up to her and took her in with Sigmund. He couldn't sense Maria's scent as it was engulfed with Damian's. The warriors took notice and guarded the door when she knocked. Thinking it was a trap but it wasn't.

"Atticus! " he called at Atticus bursted into the room with Talvir at his arms. Cole brought Maria to his room and laid her on his bed as he removed the cloak and saw her neck. He gasped in horror to find it bleeding and throbbing as Maria winced from the pain. Removing her clothes,  he found different kind of bruises at her body. Marks at her thighs and legs that he knew was forcibly opened. He couldn't breathe, how much did Maria suffered? He shouldn't had left her, his poor mate was broken. He couldn't even mark off his mate with Damian clawing her neck. Tears stream down from his as his heart split into two, thinking he lost both, Maria and Talvir days ago. His feel of relieve didn't lingered long as Maria was dying once again.

He left Atticus to do his job as Cole held his son his tears. He didn't knew if he could bring himself to see her in such state. It drove him into madness knowing he failed to protect her and she did this for him. Rieka didn't told him the whole vision, he thought she was going to be fine than this!

Atticus left the room with a frown on his face.

"How bad is it? "

"Terrible.. Damian clawed her with his Dragon Claws, only his blood sustain it's healing. It would appear to have heed but it's not. She will die in blood loss if she wouldn't get his blood."

"What else? "

"Broken ribs, a misplaced vertebra, organ damage with multiple fractures that I need couldn't locate without an X-ray. Cole we need to get her out of here. This place will do no good! " Atticus told him.

"We'll be out in thirty minutes." He ordered his men as they began packing away.

Another unexpected knock came upon the door as the wolves tensed up seeing a demon outside.

"Prince James? What are you doing here?" said Atticus in surprise. Doubtful to trust the Prince as it was her mother that betrayed Maria.

"Doing a favor for my future wife. " the Prince answered as Lilith came on view from behind.

"Where's Basile? How could we know we can trust you? " Cole asked James.

"The old man is having a divorce, leave him be for the moment. Meanwhile we need to get Maria out of here. Damian has his servants looking for her already." the Demon Prince answered. All agreed as Lilith opened up a portal for faster traveling.

"Is mama gonna okay? " Lilith asked as Atticus carried Maria and Sigmund as a puppy over, with Cole holding Talvir. The young princess was still disapointed and mad over her own mother bit seeing her mother's state. She feared loosing her greatly.

"She will be... " though Cole's fear only grew more for Maria's life.