Chapter 2

LAYLANA'S POV

"Princess Laylana, why can't you get it right?" My mentor scolded me again and rubbed his temples.

He was an old warlock,  not really friends but acquaintances to my father. They say he was great and belong to the lower aristocracy. Rumors has it that he was a pupil before of the Vampire King's right hand. Philip was what I heard,  according to Rieka,  Philip was a hard man to please and enjoyed tormenting Maria emotionally when he was tutoring her.

I guess I'm lucky that I have two guards watching over him and Rieka.

"Just smile,  can you not smile prin-cess? " he sneered and tried to calm down.

"I heard that the Vampire Queen was more easy to handle though she was a mess at the beginning... " he mumbled though I heard him clearly.

He was nerve racking,  like hello I can't smile but you can't force me.

"Laylana! " I heard my name called and smiled turning to face the man who called me,  Atticus.

"Finally that's the smile! " my mentor stated.

"Good afternoon Monsieur Fontaine, Princess and Royal Seer. I have been informed by the King that your services Sir are no longer required. Please receive your payment at the Alpha's secretary desk this 3 in the afternoon. " said Atticus wearing a suit and calm voice.

Monsieur Fontaine clapped his hands and grinned. "Well that's great,  where will I get my payment again? " the old man asked.

"At the Alpha's Secretary desk,  Monsieur. "

Before my old mentor leave his said something to Atticus then laughed and ran away like four days under his supervision was a total waste.

"Atticus! " I quickly jumped to him and embraced.

"You can now leave us. " said Atticus and the guards with Rieka quickly left in agreement.

"What did the old buffoon said? "

"Well he said you used to dance so it's an advantage but what you lacked fear. " said Atticus which was questionable.

I asked him why and he stated that most of his students feared the old warlock and that was an advantage. Fear which frustrate his dancers to perfection. It was absurd but Atticus told me most young nobles that would marry to high supernatural aristocrats were most likely tortured to get it right.

Yikes.

"But they're nobles? "

"Yes, but they need to attract powerful men. For Maria it was for a different reason. The King was already attracted but she didn't knew how to dance. So Philip took that advantage,  might I add that guy is scary. " he shivered.

"You meet him,  Philip? "

"I did,  when you were little. When the King took you away,  I ran along Philip and we have a fight. He's incredibly powerful but what was strange was that he let me go and leave me be to save you. It gets even strange,  you weren't hurt or anything. I don't even know if it's the King who did that... I couldn't see his face but he smelled like the King."

I gasped from that information,  but father said it was the King.

"Why didn't you tell my father? "

"It was a different time and your father banned me so I couldn't speak to him. I kept it a secret all this years and still investigating. After all these years,  it's still a puzzle. "

What if it wasn't even the Vampire King or he had different intentions?  Whatever it was,  it has to be something horrible.

"Come on,  calm down Layla. " he hushed me as I shivered. The thought was haunting me. He tried to change the topic and asked me why he was here?  So I asked him,  he then answered that he was my new mentor in dancing. Plus he'll even teach me everything,  be was practically born in an era of monarchy. He also added that he used to teach the first wife of the King of Vampires.