Chapter 32

Out in town with his car all cleaned, vacuumed, washed and polished. It was looking brand new and he wants planning on keeping up with the trend. Humming a song where he would hear his mate sing as his dreams while driving around the streets.

He thought about going at a new jewelry shop in town that was own by a witch. He heard that this was a good one and was married nicely to a vampire who was a bit closely related in acquaintances with Maria.

As he walked in the shop, the room changed from its neatly displayed jewelry to a simple cabin full of nick nacks like souvenirs, enchantments, potions, spell books, weapons, brooms and more.

"My my my, I wasn't expecting the young Prince would give us a visit. " the Vampire grinned and bowed down.

"I heard that you had knowledge about enchanted jewelry. "

"Would you be talking about the pendant you are wearing right now?" The vampire asked.

"Yes. "

"Can I have a closer look, your highness? " the Vampire asked politely and handed over the pendant.

"This is a lover's pendant, made with deep magic. Entrusted to have protection, healing and summoning spell. It usually comes with a pair, I presumed this would have a moon and a little star. "

Cole slightly raised his bro as he absorbed the new knowledge.

"A summoning spell you say? "

"Yes, if you are in grave danger it will summon your mate right away. "

"Alright then, can you try stabbing me right now use your powers. Perhaps she will appear. " said Cole confidently.

"Ehhh... It doesn't work like that boy, do not test your beloved's love like that. She took such compassion and care on making this pendant. If we would pop this up. " said the Vampire while opening the golden sun's side gently. Showing a clear stone inside.

"This is dry Vampire healing tears, only one could ever produce such power. You are lucky to have the Queen's protection! "

"It's the Queen's!??? " Cole choked and widen his eyes. His heart beating so fast that felt like suffocating, Maria can't be his mate. Is that the reason why he looked at him in so much pain and sadness?

"Are you sure it's the Queen's? " he asked.

"My mother works under her, I have seen her occasionally when I visit the place. Such a shame her secret was found, she suffered tremendously for it. I heard that the King beaten her up to it that something terrible happened to the child she was carrying. Such a pity." The Vampire Shook his head as he closed the pendant and opened a drawer.

"But she is his mate isn't she? "

The vampire gave a sad smile and replied.

"Vampires can only have one beloved, we are cursed that way. Tell me boy. You've been around the Queen for a couple of times, can you tell me what's her scent? "

"I... I don't know, roses? Chocolate or was it Coffee? " Cole pouted and guessed.

"Mangoes... That is her scent, I'm guessing you sense no scent when it's from her? " the Vampire smirked and chuckled.

"I guess so, I can't really sense her scent. "

"Rumors mentioned that the Queen has already found her beloved... A werewolf, if my hutch is right then it would be you..." The vampire waved his hand and a few potions floated on the air as he mixed in a vial.

"That would be im...possible.... " Cole breathe out, a part of him was excited and a part was sad. His wolf just like him was having fixed emotions but was more on happy on finally finding their mate.

"There you go, when given a chance. Drink this vile to reveal the Queen's scent, if it's not enough for you to believe in then hold her hand. I'm sure wolves can feel sparks right? " Cole could only nod as he was hesitant in wearing his pendant.

If she was his mate, why would she removed his memories. He could have understood her intentions but the vampire said it was just a hutch right?

"Do not doubt a vampire's love, whatever she is up to right now, it is for the betterment. " said the vampire as he put the pendant at Cole's hands.

"Okay.. I'll accept your advice, how mu-"

"Free of charge darling, call me when there's a wedding. Don't worry, my lips are sealed. Make sure I get the front seat with my wife too."

Cole could only laugh at the vampire's small joke. Yet he was confused on what he needs to do. Having a crazy experience at the shop he just entered maybe taking a quick tour at the grocery to buy some snacks would fill out his stomach. It's been long since he was out in the castle, as he scanned the variety of chips.

His ears perked up as he listen to the sing playing on the mall. He felt breathless as it was his mate's voice singing on the speaker. The same song stuck at his head as he dream every night to sleep. He loss his appetite and dashed off to the manager to ask over about the song playing and where it was produced. The guy mentioned that it was from a fellow friend named Harold, he even added that the song just got delivered and promoted yesterday. After thanking the manager, Cole immediately left and made way to his old buddy's place.

"Cole!  Oh my god, it is true!  You can see again. Said the old man.

"Yes and I need a moment alone with you.

"Of course, Josh told me you were going out today and I planned to surprised you by having my pal play out sour girlfriend's song on his place. I knew you like to shop there often, got lucky I had it sent yesterday. " the man smiled and chuckled as he offered Cole a glass of water. Noticing that the young man was sweating and breathing heavily.

"Girlfriend?  Incredibly short, long black curly hair,  tanned, cute with an overly depressing voice? " Cole asked Harold with a pleading voice.

"I mean everything is yes expect the depressing voice, that girl sounds like a phenomena! She was always smiling and hopping around when the two of you were both here. " he argued.

"How long? " the Alpha asked as he held his breath and had his hand at his lips.

"Like almost 5 months ago,  I thought you wouldn't even pick out the songs you both composed. " the man chuckled.

"Fucking shit!!! "He cursed as tears ran out from his eyes.

"Cole, is everything alright boy? " Harold asked in a worried voice as his hand touched Cole's shoulder.

"It's fine, it's fine, I just forgot about her. Probably hit my head too hard and had a small amnesia. " he tried to toss away the feeling and acted okay.

"Well that's too sad, isn't she with you? "

"She just got busy with College, we didn't get to talk much now. Listen Harold thank you for everything pal. I need to go now, I'll catch up next time okay. " said Cole as he later collected a copy of two songs and went back to his car. Hitting his head on the steering wheel like a maniac. Stupid it would be, he just didn't knew how to react to this new profound truth. He used to believe that his father and Maria was having an affair, does his father know?

He had so many questions that he wanted answers, he waited so long to find his mate... If she took away his memories just to protect him he could understand why. More tears streamed down his cheeks as wept, he was both happy and sad as his wolf Randy was too.

But who will protect Maria?