Chapter 5

COLE'S POV

My sister is still sleep on bed,  I can only watch her at the small little frame at her door for observation. She's been resting well and would've had killed us if the Queen didn't came.

I was quite surprise,  I expected a taller woman with a delicate frame yet I came to see a small plump little girl in red cloak last night. I didn't see what she looks like but her voice sounded like a woman and the way she speaks is formal and egoistic. I think...

She was just so small yet all the packs she burned to the ground makes her dangerous but her looks?

She's a kid!

I heard Laylana groaned and moved side to side in pain. Her eyes weren't silver but gold,  her vampire side is taking over and ferocious. More over now that her mate isn't with her but I smelt blood. Lots of it and quite strong,  too strong. Rieka mindlinked me that Maria was feeding Atticus to help him heal his wounds and injuries from the attack last night.  He took it seriously horrible.

Next thing I knew Rieka was standing beside me with Atticus still fuzzy and had difficulty standing on his own. He needed more blood and rest. Laylana was now awake and he asked us to give him time with his beloved and to feed her. I saw Laylana had over a vial of blood to Atticus.

Rieka told me, it'll help Laylana but the smells awfully horrible to my sense of smell. She did told me to rest and help my father with the recovery of the pack.

"She'll be fine,  the blood will help her calm.. down. " which she paused.

Who was the Queen really?  Why would she help us?

What I didn't knew was the blood was from the vicious monster who killed my mother and will have Laylana under his hold.

******Four months ago in Maria's Side*******

MARIA'S POV

That's it..

That was it...

It's over,  I took away his memories and feelings for me. Yes it was my daughter but I told her so,  commanded her more likely that night.

All cause I loved him dearly,  I didn't wanted to lose him but what choice do I have?

If I'll stay with him he'll die,  there's a chance he'll get a happier life without me.

Crying more as I re-watch the Indian movie Devdas.

Fuck, Paro married another guy cause of her lover's parents humiliating her mother.

'Why...  Now they're crying... '

This was the part where she was getting married and I don't wanna watch the movie anymore. I've been a mess for more than two weeks after the attack. Atticus' old house was already in my name and I've been staying over at my family's house.

My parents knew what Damian really is, he threaten them the first day he took me away from home. Assuring them he was going to marry me and make me his wife until death.

Seeing me this broken,  they gave me space and were happy I got home back again. I didn't really explained to them what really happened to me but they know about my children and that I am carrying one.

I.. I never planned,  Cole didn't too we were both carried by our emotions yet I haven't regretted that night. Our child would never be a mistake,  I tried not to be affected much of my emotions but I felt like dying.

My heart was torn away, I feel like I can't forget and the pain was undoubtedly painful.

I couldn't bare it, I can't go on.